Chapter 211: The Abstinent Gigolo 11

 After hearing this, Tang Wan couldn’t help muttering inwardly:

Brother, do you even know the truth?

But this was a perfect opportunity.

So she immediately said into the phone, “If Tongtong really has health issues, then I’d be even happier, okay? Wouldn’t that make us the perfect match?”

Hearing that, Xi Jingtong’s fingers tightened slightly around his chopsticks.

Did she really think that way?

Meanwhile, the returnee man grew anxious after hearing her response.

“He already works as a host! How could he possibly not be interested in women? Besides, those rich ladies neglected by their husbands—every one of them is hungry like a wolf. Trust me, his desires must be very strong. Do you really want a giant green hat on your head? He’s only after your money. Don’t be stupid!”

His voice was so loud that, in the quiet room, Xi Jingtong heard every word clearly.

But his expression remained calm and unreadable.

Seeing this, Tang Wan shot him an apologetic smile before replying to the man on the phone, “That’s other hosts. Tongtong is different from them. Alright, I only called to tell you about Xiaorou. Figure things out yourself. Bye.”

Then she hung up immediately.

After putting down her phone, Tang Wan looked at Xi Jingtong and said softly, “Don’t take what he said to heart. I just want a boyfriend who understands me. It has nothing to do with your job, and I don’t care about your past.”

Xi Jingtong only gave a faint hum in response before placing some food into her bowl with his chopsticks.

“It’s fine. He wasn’t wrong. He was only reminding you because he cares about you.”

But inside, an indescribable irritation quietly spread through his chest.

Tang Wan smiled faintly. “He’s a good friend, that’s all.”

With one sentence, she cleanly drew the line between them.

“Mm.” Xi Jingtong paused before asking, “By the way… can you tell me more about your condition? If it’s difficult, then forget it. I just want to understand you better, so I don’t make the same mistake as today.”

Hearing this, Tang Wan set down her chopsticks.

“There’s not much to say. When I was little, I was abducted by traffickers. Later, I saw them blow up a little girl…” Her tone stayed calm, almost detached. “That psychological trauma gradually turned me into what I am now.”

Xi Jingtong nodded in understanding after hearing this.

He had encountered similar cases before and knew exactly how deeply such experiences could scar a person.

“I understand,” he said gently. “I’ll help you recover slowly. If anything I do makes you uncomfortable, you have to tell me.”

“No problem.” Tang Wan nodded immediately.

At the same time, inside a five-star hotel.

The moment Xiaorou walked out of the bathroom after touching up her makeup, she saw the returnee man standing there with a dark expression.

“My dear, what’s wrong?” Xiaorou asked softly.

The man looked at her coldly and demanded, “You worked as an escort at an entertainment club? I must’ve been blind to think your cousin was the impure one while you were innocent!”

Xiaorou’s expression changed instantly.

“H-How did you find out? Did Xi Jingtong have his ex-girlfriend tell you?” she snapped. “Fine, maybe I’m not clean, but what about him? How clean do you think he is? Your ex-girlfriend probably still doesn’t know—Xi Jingtong is the top host at our club!”

“Heh.” The returnee man sneered. “So what? At least he’s more honest and open about it than you are.”

With that, he turned and left the hotel without another glance.

What he didn’t know was that, in the original storyline, he had been thoroughly deceived by Xiaorou, eventually ruining both himself and his family.

But now, because of Tang Wan’s arrival, the butterfly effect had already rewritten his tragedy.

As for Xiaorou, after the returnee man left, she angrily called Xi Jingtong.

But Xi Jingtong ignored her completely.

Unable to get through, she started bombarding him with text messages instead.

“Xi Jingtong, don’t think getting close to some rich heiress means you’ve made it!”

“Do you really think the Tang family would accept a host as their son-in-law?!”

The moment Xi Jingtong saw the message, Little Cutie suddenly let out an ear-piercing groundhog scream:

“AHHH! Xi Jingtong’s favorability has reached -100!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1