Chapter 210: The Abstinent Gigolo 10

Tang Wan quickly snapped back to her senses.

Then she shook her head.

“It’s nothing.”

“It’s just… the food you made tastes strangely familiar.” She looked at him thoughtfully. “Like I’ve eaten it somewhere before.”

Hearing this, Xi Jingtong’s lips curved faintly.

“Really?”

“Then if you like it, I’ll cook for you more often in the future.”

Although deep down, he knew very well that things were definitely not as simple as Tang Wan was making them sound.

“Okay!” Tang Wan nodded immediately.

But inwardly, she was already thinking rapidly:

If all the Tongtongs from those worlds were actually the same person…

Then who exactly was he?

Could he also be a tasker like her?

And if that were true—

After completing all her missions and successfully resurrecting, would she be able to find him again?

The more Tang Wan thought about it, the more excited she became.

At that moment, Xi Jingtong’s phone suddenly rang.

After glancing at the message, a faint sneer appeared in his eyes.

Then he looked at Tang Wan.

“The man we met at the restaurant today…”

“Oh, him?” Tang Wan replied casually. “That’s the ex-boyfriend I broke up with yesterday.”

“He’s actually a decent person.” She shrugged lightly. “But as you know, not every man is willing to live like a monk.”

Then she looked at Xi Jingtong seriously.

“If one day you can’t endure it anymore, just tell me directly.”

“I won’t blame you.”

“But cheating behind my back is absolutely forbidden.”

Hearing this, Xi Jingtong immediately replied in a firm tone:

“That day will never come.”

“I promise.”

Then he handed his phone over to her.

“However…” His expression turned slightly mocking. “Your ex-boyfriend probably doesn’t know he found himself a prostitute.”

Tang Wan froze briefly before subconsciously lowering her head to look at the screen.

The text message read:

“Xi Jingtong, your girlfriend doesn’t know you’re an escort, right?”

“If you don’t want her finding out what you do, then you’d better not expose my identity either.”

“If Ahao finds out, I’ll tell her you’re a host!”

“That Xiaorou…” Tang Wan looked up in surprise. “She works at your club too?”

“Yes.” Xi Jingtong nodded calmly.

Tang Wan’s mouth immediately twitched.

What exactly was wrong with this mission world?

How was this setting even remotely compatible with socialist core values?!

Was there seriously no vice squad handling this place?!

Still—

The returnee ex-boyfriend genuinely had treated the original host quite well.

At the very least, he had always behaved like a gentleman toward her.

Naturally, Tang Wan couldn’t just watch him get deceived by Xiaorou.

So she immediately picked up her phone and called him.

The call connected quickly.

“Hello?” The returnee’s voice sounded relaxed. “Wanwan, what made you suddenly willing to call me?”

Then he joked teasingly:

“What? Don’t tell me you realized you can’t bear to part with me after the breakup?”

Tang Wan immediately wanted to roll her eyes.

Unfortunately, that didn’t suit her current persona.

So she replied calmly:

“You’re overthinking.”

“I just wanted to tell you that your current girlfriend works at that club.”

“Be careful not to get deceived.”

The moment those words fell, the returnee instantly became serious.

“What did you say?”

If any other woman had called him with this information, he would’ve assumed she was jealous of him finding a beautiful girlfriend so quickly.

But Tang Wan?

Jealous?

Impossible.

So he immediately asked:

“How do you know?”

Tang Wan answered calmly:

“Oh. Because my Tongtong is the top escort there.”

“That’s how I recognized her.”

The returnee nearly exploded on the spot.

“Holy shit!”

“Are you insane?!” he blurted out. “You actually found yourself an escort for a boyfriend?”

“Even if you’re not interested in men, you shouldn’t settle for a guy from a club!”

Tang Wan immediately corrected him:

“I’m not settling.”

“Tongtong is great.”

“He can even cook.”

The returnee almost choked to death.

“So what if he can cook? He’s still a man!”

“Do you seriously think every man will respect your boundaries the way I did?!”

Hearing this, Tang Wan almost laughed.

This guy was unexpectedly kind of interesting.

So she replied calmly:

“Don’t worry.”

“We’re in a platonic relationship.”

“Bullshit platonic relationship!” the returnee snapped immediately.

“I’m telling you right now—unless that man is physically incapable, there’s no such thing as a truly platonic relationship between a man and a woman!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1