Chapter 196: Diabolical CV Big Shot 45

 In the past, he was the sole heir to the Gu Corporation, but now, a strange and unexpected competitor had emerged out of nowhere—one whose performance showed immense potential!


For a time, because of this illegitimate son, Gu Yunshen could no longer view Tang Chi’s status as an illegitimate daughter with the same composure as before.

In fact, every time he laid eyes on Tang Chi, he couldn't help thinking about how another child had been added to his household to compete with him for the right of inheritance!

Furthermore, Tang Chi knew nothing other than voice acting and couldn't offer any assistance to Gu Yunshen's career. At this point, Gu Yunshen began to feel disdain toward her background as well.

Thus, when Tang Chi's mother came looking for them once again, Gu Yunshen seized the opportunity to heartlessly break off the relationship.

"Tang Chi, we're not suitable for each other. Let's break up! Rest assured, I will give you a fair amount of compensation," Gu Yunshen said cold-heartedly.

Under Yang Tong's calculated attacks, his prestige within the company was already falling apart.

Right now, the best way to secure his position was to enter a marriage alliance with a woman of equal social standing.

As for Tang Chi...

He had already played around with her anyway. For a woman who brought him zero benefits, it was time to cast her aside.

Hearing Gu Yunshen's words, Tang Chi was completely stunned.

Immediately after, she burst into tears and threw her arms around Gu Yunshen's legs, crying: "No! Yunshen, don't do this to me! I don't want your compensation, I only want to be with you! I know I can't help your career, but as long as you're willing to keep me by your side, it doesn't matter even if you marry another woman! I can be just one of your many women—I only beg you not to drive me away, alright?"

Hearing this, Gu Yunshen couldn't help feeling somewhat moved.

Looking down at her face, wet with tears like pear blossoms in the rain, he reached out and tipped her chin up: "Even if I marry another woman, you're willing to be my mistress?"

"I am! As long as I can be with you, I'm willing to do anything!" Tang Chi replied instantly.

Seeing this, Gu Yunshen felt a stir in his heart and nodded: "Alright, I understand. Remember, you said it yourself."

He then narrowed his eyes, picked up his phone, and instructed someone to intimidate Tang Chi's mother and drive her away for good.

As for Tang Chi, Gu Yunshen sent her to a residential complex in the city to keep her as his mistress.

"This apartment is already under your name. Stay here for the time being. I will tell Grandfather that we have broken up, and before I become the President of the Gu Corporation, let's not contact each other. As long as you behave obediently, I will naturally come find you once I finish handling the matters at hand," Gu Yunshen said.

Tang Chi nodded without a moment's hesitation.


From then on, Gu Yunshen indeed never came looking for Tang Chi again.

After returning to the Gu Corporation, he focused on dealing with Yang Tong on one hand while keeping a guard up against the son of Zhou Yan, whom Master Gu was painstakingly cultivating, on the other hand.

As the male lead of this world, Gu Yunshen naturally possessed high intelligence and no shortage of sharp tactics.

Once he dedicated himself fully to his career, he quickly snatched two contracts back from Yang Tong's hands, recovering a portion of his prestige.

Before he could breathe a sigh of relief, however, he received news that Yang Tong had secured a national-level emergency relief project for the Tang Corporation.

Taking on this kind of project certainly offered far lower profit margins than private commercial collaborations—the Tang Corporation even incurred a loss of several million—yet the underlying benefits were beyond what any private project could offer.

Just the reputational advantage of having the Tang Corporation's product quality recognized as "national-grade" was enough to drive countless consumers to choose Tang products.

After all, consumers would think: The Tang Corporation's products have passed official state verification!

This was far more reassuring than products that had only gone through standard routine inspections!

Gu Yunshen understood these various advantages all too well. Thus, upon receiving the news, whatever joy he had felt from snatching back those two contracts vanished entirely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1