Chapter 19: Diablo 16
Hearing this, Tang Yitong paused with his chopsticks.
“But your injuries...”
“My injuries are much better already. It’s nothing serious. Besides, if something really happens, don’t I still have you? My good little brother wouldn’t be so heartless that he ignores his sister, right?” Tang Wan looked at him pitifully.
Seeing this, Tang Yitong hurriedly looked away and coughed lightly, his cheeks turning slightly warm.
“I understand. I’ll call for you tomorrow morning.”
“Mm! Having a younger brother is actually pretty nice! I used to think I could never stand you,” Tang Wan said regretfully.
Hearing this, Tang Yitong couldn’t help thinking silently:
Yeah.
Who would have thought that just ten days ago, the two of them had been completely incompatible like fire and water, yet ten days later, they could already sit together and eat peacefully?
But...
He liked this change.
Although Tang Wan’s attitude toward him in the past had truly been terrible, he now realized she had never really had a reason to like him before.
And now, even though she deliberately acted like she was “rewarding” him whenever she gave him food or supplements, he understood perfectly well that she only spoke that way because she was afraid he wouldn’t accept her kindness otherwise.
If it weren’t for Tang Wan, there was no way he would have been able to eat things like bird’s nest soup, abalone, milk, or nutritional supplements.
Otherwise, his body wouldn’t have gained a thin layer of flesh over his originally skin-and-bones frame in just one week.
Most importantly...
At night, he no longer woke up from hunger.
...
After dinner, Tang Wan waved toward Tang Yitong.
“Alright, you can go back now. I’ll have Aunt Zhou come clean up afterward.”
“Okay,” Tang Yitong replied quietly before turning and leaving.
However, the moment Tang Wan’s door opened, Zhao Xia suddenly appeared outside with a flattering smile on her face.
“Wanwan, are your injuries feeling better? Let me take a look at you!”
Hearing this, Tang Wan directly picked up the mug Tang Yitong had just used for milk and hurled it outward.
Crash!
The cup shattered across the floor.
“I don’t need your fake concern! I’ll never acknowledge you, so give up already!”
Zhao Xia jumped in fright, and her expression instantly became ugly.
Still, she didn’t dare lose her temper. Instead, she immediately said:
“Okay, okay, I’ll leave right away. Don’t get angry!”
At that moment, Tang Wansong walked over.
“What’s going on? What just broke?”
Seeing Tang Wansong arrive, Zhao Xia’s eyes flickered slightly before she immediately put on an aggrieved expression.
“Husband, Wanwan accidentally broke a cup. It’s alright. Aunt Zhou, hurry and come clean this up so Wanwan doesn’t accidentally step on the glass and hurt herself.”
Looking at the shattered pieces on the floor, how could Tang Wansong not understand what happened?
For a moment, his face darkened slightly as he looked toward Tang Wan.
But because of the shares in Tang Wan’s possession, he didn’t dare scold her directly.
“Wanwan, be more careful next time. If you hurt yourself, Dad will worry.”
Hearing this, Tang Wan immediately replied:
“Dad, I don’t want to see this woman! Make her leave! If she stays, then I’m leaving this house! I’ll move somewhere near the school and live by myself!”
Zhao Xia practically couldn’t wait for that to happen.
This villa was located in the best area of the city and worth eighty million yuan. If Tang Wan moved out, then the family of three could finally live comfortably and peacefully.
...
Tang Wansong’s face darkened after hearing Tang Wan’s words.
“Wanwan, stop making trouble!”
“I don’t care! Anyway, in this house, either she leaves or I leave!” Tang Wan declared stubbornly.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸