Chapter 184: Diabolical CV Big Shot 33
Hearing his words, Tang Wan froze for a moment.
Then it suddenly dawned on her—in every single mission world she had experienced so far, the villains' names all seemed to carry the character "Tong" ($\text{桐}$).
The only reason she kept calling them "Tongtong" was that she had grown accustomed to calling Tang Yitong that back in the very first world.
However, wasn't this way too much of a coincidence?
"Little Cutie, what's going on here? Why do all the villains have 'Tong' in their names?!" Tang Wan hurriedly asked Little Cutie.
Hearing this, Little Cutie also wore a confused expression: "Host, could it just be a coincidence? Otherwise, it would mean that the mission worlds you traverse are filtered based on the criteria that the villain's name contains 'Tong.' But to be honest, I haven't heard the Master System mention any such selection criteria."
Mission worlds were supposed to be chosen at random.
"But in every mission world I enter, the original host's name is always Tang Wan too," Tang Wan immediately pointed out.
Could that also be a mere coincidence?
Scratching its head, Little Cutie then said, "Let me ask the Master System! I'm not really sure what's going on either."
"Alright, hurry up and ask then!" Tang Wan urged hastily.
Turning back to face Yang Tong, whose handsome face was right in front of her, she blinked slightly and called out, "Tongtong... can you let go of me now?"
Hearing her call him that, a look of complete satisfaction instantly washed over Yang Tong's face.
"I don't want to let you go! Wanwan, I want to grind you into pieces and merge you into my bones so that you'll belong to me forever," Yang Tong said gently, uttering words that made Tang Wan's skin crawl.
Tang Wan: ...
I have no interest in turning into your cremated remains, thank you very much!
…
"If I don't head back soon, Mom will start asking questions in a moment," Tang Wan said immediately.
Hearing this, Yang Tong finally released her slowly.
He then stared at Tang Wan intently: "Mm, then go back first! Remember to come find me tomorrow."
Hearing this, Tang Wan hurriedly replied, "I got it."
Seeing her agree, Yang Tong opened the car door and watched her step out.
Before driving off, however, he rolled down the car window and fixed his gaze straight on her.
Seeing this, a thought struck Tang Wan. Leaning forward, she poked her head into the window and planted a light kiss on his lips.
In the next instant, a smile broke across Yang Tong's face: "I'm leaving then?"
"Mm, drive safely!" Tang Wan waved her hand at him.
Yang Tong nodded, started the car, and drove away.
Once Yang Tong's car vanished from sight, Tang Wan finally exhaled a sigh of relief in secret.
She was finally temporarily free.
…
After returning home, Mother Tang looked quite disappointed to see her back so soon.
"Why didn't you walk Little Tong out a bit longer?"
Hearing this, Tang Wan's mouth twitched.
How much longer could I possibly walk him out?!
Should I just leave with him altogether?!
Still, she had to answer obediently: "He has work to attend to, and it wouldn't be good to delay him for too long. Mom, I'm heading upstairs first."
Mother Tang finally nodded in agreement.
…
Upon reaching her room upstairs, Tang Wan threw her arms wide and flopped onto the soft bed.
At this moment, news arrived from Little Cutie's side.
"Host, I've already inquired with the Master System! The mission worlds you enter are indeed subject to a certain filtering process. However, the exact mechanism behind this filter remains unclear for now. The Master System is currently conducting an investigation—it might be due to a virus," Little Cutie explained.
A virus?
Tang Wan was stunned.
After a moment, she added, "Forget it, I think it's better not to investigate it further? This is actually pretty nice—at least when I enter a world, I don't have to worry about calling him by the wrong name."
"That won't do, Host! In the past, someone implanted a hidden virus into the system that nearly destroyed the Master System. So whenever a situation like this is discovered, the Master System will definitely conduct a thorough investigation," Little Cutie said seriously.
However, it would never tell her that the person who did that was Ergouzi's perverse and violent host.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸