Chapter 1530: Her Highness the Princess (80)

As the Grand Princess’s chief maid, one only needed to serve Her Highness well, and honors would naturally follow. There was no need for excessive schemes or selfish ambitions.

By now, the evening was drawing near, and the colorful clouds at the horizon were beginning to fade.

Suddenly, a figure leapt onto the top of the wall. Dressed in flowing white robes, the man paused there for a brief moment.

Upon noticing that Tang Guo was still there, he lightly descended and landed before her.

“I’ve kept Your Highness waiting.”

Tang Guo lifted her head and asked, “How do you know I was waiting for you and not simply admiring the scenery?”

“So Your Highness was admiring the beauty of the evening sky. In that case, I have brought some fruit wine freshly brewed yesterday. I wonder whether I might be fortunate enough to share a cup with Your Highness while we wait together for the moon to rise.”

“What kind of fruit wine is it this time?”

“It is made solely from grapes. The color is clear and ruby-red. Coincidentally, I brought two glass cups. Red grape wine served in crystal-clear glass cups is simply perfect.”

Yingzhu secretly raised her head and saw that Yun Buxiu was indeed carrying a tray in his hands. Resting on it was a white jade wine flask.

Inside, no doubt, was the grape wine he had mentioned.

Beside it sat two exquisite and elegant glass cups.

Yun Buxiu set the flask and cups on the stone table before Tang Guo and first poured a cup for her.

Sure enough, the crimson liquid filling the glass was a beautiful sight.

Especially now that the moon had begun to rise, silver moonlight cascading down and making the two half-filled cups of wine appear even more enchanting.

“The Imperial Preceptor truly knows how to enjoy life. Even such rare glass cups have been found by you.”

Holding the cup, Tang Guo took a small sip.

“The taste isn't bad.”

“As long as Your Highness likes it.”

Yun Buxiu had been observing Tang Guo’s expression all this time. Seeing no sign of anger, he quietly breathed a sigh of relief, though an indescribable feeling remained in his heart.

“Your Highness suffered an injustice today. I never imagined that my foster sister would go to your residence and cause trouble.”

“I suffered no injustice. I am a princess. With a single order, my guards threw her right over the wall.”

Hearing her words, Yun Buxiu smiled.

“Your Highness.”

“What else does the Imperial Preceptor wish to say?”

“Please don't take my foster sister's words to heart. I hope Your Highness will believe only the words that come from my own mouth and not accept what others say without question.”

Tang Guo gently raised her head, a faint smile gracing her face.

Those beautiful, clear eyes gazed directly at Yun Buxiu.

Though it was only an ordinary glance, it caused his heart to pound wildly. The emotions he had locked inside it nearly burst free.

“If I trust someone, then I trust them. Even if ten thousand people say that person is bad, as long as I have not seen it with my own eyes, then that person is good. Imperial Preceptor, I have never been someone who believes others merely because they say something, no matter how convincing their words may be.”

Those sincere words erased all of Yun Buxiu's worries.

The emotions that had nearly burst from his heart settled down. Instead, he felt a gentle stream flowing within him, warm and sweet.

That afternoon, after meeting Yun Huayin, he had listened to many things she tried to tell him.

In truth, he had not taken any of it to heart.

The only thing he had heard was that Yun Huayin had barged into the Princess Residence.

And the only thing he had worried about was whether Her Highness might misunderstand him and become angry.

“Your Highness, I heard that you are planning to travel through the various kingdoms for five years. Will you take Buxiu with you?”

“Yes.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1