Chapter 1515: Her Highness the Princess (65)

“Your poems simply aren't very good. Lord Lin was giving you face, but I won't.”

Lü Qing was instantly enraged.

Tang Guo, meanwhile, was delighted.

This Lü Qing had truly lost all reason.

“So, what you said just now about the Little Divine Doctor refusing to treat you… are you blaming me?”

Lü Qing was just about to answer that he naturally was—

When suddenly, a gust of wind swept past his ear, followed by a crisp slap.

It turned out that Tang Xi, hearing Lü Qing utter such nonsense and fearing he would anger Tang Guo, had been unable to hold back. She raised her hand and slapped him across the face.

It was already highly improper for a prince consort to publicly compose several poems praising Lord Lin's appearance. Calling it harassment of a court official wouldn't even be an exaggeration.

Had this man's brain been caught in a door?

“How dare you speak to Imperial Sister like that?”

Tang Xi said coldly, “The Little Divine Doctor has rules. She only sees twenty patients a day, and appointments must be made three days in advance. Even Father approves of these rules. Should an exception be made just for you?”

Lü Qing was stunned by the slap.

After more than ten years of marriage to Tang Xi, this was the first time she had ever struck him.

And in front of so many people.

The humiliation was unbearable.

“You lot, why are you still standing there? Take the Second Prince Consort back to the Princess Manor at once. He fell ill some time ago and his mind has become somewhat confused. He's always speaking nonsense. I was careless and almost allowed him to offend Imperial Sister. I hope Imperial Sister won't take offense.”

Tang Guo nodded. “Then you should take him back and have a physician treat him.”

Lü Qing's eyes widened in fury as two servants held him down.

He was only a frail scholar. Apart from his days working in the fields long ago, he had spent years living in comfort and luxury. There was no way he could struggle free.

And so, before everyone's eyes, he was dragged away.

From this day onward, he would have no face left to show before these talented young men and women.

Lin Yuexiang stood silently beside Tang Guo, watching Lü Qing's miserable figure disappear. A faint smile rested on her lips.

Lü Qing had loved wealth and glory and abandoned the gentle wife who had devoted herself wholeheartedly to him.

Now, because of a few wrong words, he had been slapped in public by the lofty Second Princess.

Did he feel even the slightest regret?

No.

He would not.

Lü Qing would only blame everyone around him.

He would think she lacked taste, that the Grand Princess was deliberately targeting him, and that the Second Princess had disgraced him.

How could a man like him possibly regret anything?

Lü Qing would never have imagined that today's Lin Yuexiang was his lawful wife, and that he had been slapped by Tang Xi right in front of her.

“Lord Lin, how was it? Satisfying?”

Back in the pavilion, Tang Guo asked Lin Yuexiang.

Lin Yuexiang smiled faintly. “Very satisfying. Thank you, Your Highness. I never imagined that the man I once respected and loved would turn out to be such a pitiful creature.”

“Oh, the truly satisfying parts are still to come. No need to rush. We'll slowly let him learn the truth.”

“Your Highness, I'm not anxious at all now. We can take our time and play with him. Killing him outright would feel far too easy.”

Tang Guo teased, “I heard there are quite a few wooden training posts in your residence. Are you sure?”

“It's become a habit. After all, I practice martial arts every day.” Lin Yuexiang chuckled softly. “If one day I could beat up a real person, that would be the most satisfying. Hitting a real person probably wouldn't hurt my hands too much.”

System: Another woman corrupted by the Host.

“How are Yufan's preparations?”

“He says taking first place in the imperial examination won't be a problem. Just wait and see, Your Highness. Yufan won't disappoint you. Since Your Highness thinks so highly of him, if he fails to become the top scholar, I'll personally beat him twice.”

Tang Guo burst out laughing. “As his mother, can't you be a bit gentler? What if you frighten Yufan?”

“Your Highness, gentle women are easily bullied. I'm a court official now. I can't afford to be too gentle.”

Lin Yuexiang spoke as though it were the most natural thing in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1