Chapter 1510: Her Highness the Princess (60)
“Actually, I was being selfish as well. Whatever Your Highness wishes to do is what I wish to do. I never expected things would turn out like this either,” Yun Buxiu said.
System: Right, birds of a feather flock together.
“The National Teacher really knows how to talk.”
“As long as Your Highness enjoys hearing it.”
“Recently, the common people sent me quite a lot of fruit again. I've set aside an entire cart for you. If you can't finish it, you can use it to brew fruit wine.”
“I won't decline Your Highness's generosity. Once I've made the wine, I'll send a few jars for Your Highness to taste.”
“Sounds good.”
The two sat opposite each other, chatting idly from time to time. The atmosphere was peaceful and harmonious.
The System felt that this was actually pretty good.
In this world, the host truly had no intention of marrying. She seemed to enjoy this kind of free and unrestrained life, one where nothing could bind her and she only needed to do and pursue what her heart desired.
Yun Buxiu's adaptability was impressive as well. He had gradually grown accustomed to her rhythm and simply followed along with her pace.
It wasn't the sort of love where two people clung sweetly to one another. It was another kind of feeling, but a very good one nonetheless.
“National Teacher, I've never asked before. What did you need those medicinal herbs from my mother for?”
“To save someone.”
“Oh…”
“She can be considered my sworn younger sister. She's the daughter of the woman my adoptive father loved. She was born into a complicated environment and was poisoned when she was young. After my adoptive father passed away, his final wish was for me to cure her poison. He was kind to me, so it is something I must do.”
“I'm afraid it wasn't just curing her poison, was it?” Tang Guo smiled faintly and glanced at Yun Buxiu.
Helplessly, Yun Buxiu told the truth. “Yes. My adoptive father also asked me to take care of her and, if possible, marry her and look after her for the rest of her life.”
Before Tang Guo could say anything, Yun Buxiu quickly added, “I only promised to cure her poison. Ever since childhood, I've only regarded her as my younger sister. I've never harbored any other feelings. It's impossible for me to be with her.”
“Why is the National Teacher explaining so anxiously?”
“I'm afraid Your Highness might misunderstand. Even if we are not destined to become husband and wife, my heart belongs to you. In this lifetime, I only wish to accompany you. I don't want this matter to become something that troubles Your Highness.”
“Very well. Then I invite the National Teacher to accompany me in traveling through all the nations and seeing the scenery of the world. How does that sound?”
“Naturally, I would be delighted.”
The two exchanged smiles and never again brought up marriage or whether they loved each other.
“Her Highness and the National Teacher really are well-matched. I wonder why the two of them won't be together,” one of the old farmers muttered quietly, feeling somewhat regretful.
Hearing the discussion among the farmers, Lin Yuexiang said, “Her Highness has no intention of marrying and doesn't want to be burdened by romantic attachments. The National Teacher is a noble and devoted man who is wholeheartedly dedicated to Her Highness. Even if they don't marry, they can never be separated. What's the difference?”
“Look at them. Aren't they doing perfectly well? The Princess Manor and the National Teacher's residence are separated by only a single wall. Open up a doorway, and they're one family anyway. Perhaps leaving that wall there makes things more interesting and poetic.”
The old farmers burst into cheerful laughter.
“That's right, that's right. People like Her Highness and the National Teacher surely have thoughts different from ours. How could simple farmers like us understand? Time to sow the seeds. In a few months, it'll be another bountiful harvest.”
One year later, Lin Yuexiang had successfully cultivated countless varieties of crops, fruits, and vegetables suited to different regions. The Emperor was overjoyed.
At Tang Guo's request, Lin Yuexiang became the first female official in Beixia Kingdom. The Emperor personally issued the decree of appointment, and it was the Grand Princess herself who delivered the imperial edict.
For a time, the name Lin Yuexiang became known throughout the imperial capital.
“Lin Yuexiang?”
Upon hearing the name, Lü Qing was momentarily stunned. Then he smiled.
“It must just be someone with the same name…”
That Lin Yuexiang had long since died beneath a rain of blades.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸