Chapter 1506: Her Highness the Princess (56)
In his eyes, Lü Yuzhi was merely a delicate little girl barely in her teens.
Today,
even if he had to carry her on his back, he would bring her back with him and
heal the Second Prince Consort first.
Unfortunately
for him, Lü Yuzhi had practiced martial arts. She easily dodged his grasp and
casually struck him with a palm, sending him flying right out the door before
swiftly slamming it shut.
Her
voice came from behind the door. “I've already said it. I've finished seeing my
twenty patients for today. Go find another physician.”
The
servant had no choice. With the Second Prince Consort still waiting, he could
only seek out another doctor.
Lü
Yuzhi stood behind the door. After a long while, she finally said, “Your
Highness, I'm a little happy.”
“So
am I.” Tang Guo stepped out from behind and beckoned to her. “Yuzhi, come eat
some pastries and celebrate.”
Lü
Yuzhi hurried over to Tang Guo, found a seat, picked up a pastry, and bit into
it fiercely, swallowing it in just a few mouthfuls.
“Your
Highness, this is karma, isn't it? Lü Qing actually broke his leg. I refuse to
treat him. I'm afraid I might accidentally cure him to death, and then Your
Highness wouldn't be able to vent your anger properly.”
Tang
Guo nodded. “If you cured him to death, all my plans afterward would become
useless. That really wouldn't be satisfying.”
“So
I still won't make a move. I'll endure it.” Resting her chin on her hand, Lü
Yuzhi mused, “I just wonder how serious his injury is. I hope it's severe.”
Tang
Guo's thoughts stirred as she silently recalled the plot. “It should be fairly
serious.”
“System,
I remember Lü Qing's fall this time was quite severe. In the end, he was cured
by a wandering physician who was on the verge of starving to death, right?”
【That's right, Host. He was a wandering physician
from who knows where.】
“Then
I'll have to send people to keep watch. Once that wandering physician appears,
bring him back to the clinic.” Tang Guo narrowed her eyes. With only Lü Yuzhi,
a young girl, and a few errand boys, the clinic really was a bit understaffed.
After
chatting for a while, the two returned to the Princess Manor through the back
entrance.
Over
at the Second Princess's residence, things had become rather chaotic.
Lü
Qing's broken leg had also caught Tang Xi's attention.
She
didn't really care how badly he was injured. As long as he didn't die, it was
fine.
With
Lü Qing, the model prince consort, as her husband, her life had actually been
rather comfortable. No one interfered with her affairs, and things weren't
nearly as bad as she'd imagined.
Of
course, as long as she didn't run into her imperial elder sister, everything
was fine.
“How
is the Prince Consort's leg?” Tang Xi asked the old physician beside her, whose
face was full of worry.
The
old physician quickly rose to bow before replying, “Reporting to Your Highness,
the Second Prince Consort's injuries are extremely severe. The bones have
already been damaged. This commoner can only help alleviate his pain and cannot
restore his leg to normal, so…”
“In
other words, he'll become crippled?” Tang Xi asked indifferently.
“If
a physician with exceptional skill could be found, there might still be a
glimmer of hope. Perhaps tomorrow, the imperial physicians could be summoned.”
The old physician spoke tactfully, unable to discern Tang Xi's attitude.
Tang
Xi said, “Then prescribe medicine to ease the Prince Consort's pain first.”
Hearing
no blame in her tone, the old physician relaxed.
She
glanced at Lü Qing, whose face had turned pale from pain, and asked his
servant, “How did the Prince Consort fall from his horse?”
“I
fell while riding and injured myself by accident.” Lü Qing's heart had already
gone cold. He had no desire to become a cripple. “It's too late to summon an
imperial physician today. Your Highness, please have someone find more doctors
for me.”
“Preferably,
invite that Little Divine Doctor from the imperial capital. I've occasionally
heard her name being praised lately. Her medical skills are said to be
excellent. She should be able to save my leg.”
“Fine.” Tang Xi answered perfunctorily.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸