Chapter 1500: Her Highness the Princess (50)

“Yes,” Lin Yuexiang replied with a smile. “I think things are perfect as they are. My children are sensible, talented, and filial. Why would I need a man? So I can spend my days serving him? He can keep dreaming. There are only a handful of men in this world like Lord National Teacher.”

Tang Guo chuckled softly.

“Him? He's my neighbor. He's a good man.”

“The National Teacher's heart belongs to Your Highness,” Lin Yuexiang said. “Have you never considered him?”

“Him? Marriage?” Tang Guo's smile remained calm. “Just because someone loves me, does that mean I must be with him? Yuexiang, that's not how things work. I don't want to marry. Even if someone were willing to die for me, even if they tried to force me, I still wouldn't marry.”

Hidden in a corner, Yun Buxiu quietly wallowed in sadness.

In the end, it seemed being Her Highness's neighbor was enough. Following her and protecting her for a lifetime would be enough.

She was right.

He was the one who had fallen first. She had no obligation to return his feelings. In fact, he was the one shamelessly insisting on staying by her side.

His devotion and persistence could never become chains that bound her to him. There was no such logic in this world.

Loving someone wholeheartedly did not mean they were obligated to love you back.

“As expected of the woman I admire most,” Lin Yuexiang said, her eyes shining brightly. “I can never compare to Your Highness, but I truly wish to follow in your footsteps.”

There seemed to be a radiant light upon her face, dazzling and captivating.

Though she was already in her thirties, her smile was like that of a young maiden. Her fair complexion, graceful features, and long black hair cascading freely down her back gave her an extraordinary charm.

Lin Yuexiang had declared that she would never again wear the hairstyle of a married woman.

From the day Lรผ Qing betrayed her and sought her death, she had ceased to be his wife.

She was simply herself.

She was Lin Yuexiang.

Who said a woman must obey her husband after marriage?

She was a living, breathing person. Why should she listen to the words of a heartless beast?

Like Her Highness, she wanted to live brilliantly and gloriously.

Not only that, she wished to accomplish things that countless men in the world could never achieve.

“Very well. Since this is your decision, I support it.”

Tang Guo was quite pleased with Lin Yuexiang's choice.

Perhaps, in Northern Xia, Lin Yuexiang would usher in a completely different era.

Since life was long and boredom inevitable, Tang Guo was happy to give her a chance and see just how far she could go.

“Come. It's time to return to the capital. In the future, you'll take charge of the matters under my authority.”

Tang Guo curved her lips into a smile as she issued the command.

Lin Yuexiang was immediately overwhelmed with joy.

Tang Guo continued,

“You were born into a farming family. You understand crops better than most, and you're quite intelligent. With your involvement, I'm looking forward to what we can achieve.”

“Thank you, Your Highness, for granting Yuexiang such an opportunity.”

“If you produce results that exceed expectations, I'll petition Father to grant you an official position. How does that sound?”

Lin Yuexiang nearly collapsed to the ground in shock.

Wasn't this too stimulating?

She had only hoped to live differently and participate in things she truly cared about. She had never dreamed of entering officialdom.

Although she had never believed herself inferior to men, a woman serving as an official was exceedingly rare—even in history, only a few examples could be found.

It was terrifyingly exciting.

And she wanted it desperately.

“Yes!”

Lin Yuexiang's eyes shone with determination.

“Yuexiang will never disappoint Your Highness.”

At that moment, a new ambition was born in her heart.

Just imagining herself standing in court alongside countless men as their equal was enough to make her blood race with excitement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1