Chapter 1498: Her Highness the Princess (48)

So it turned out that revenge could be so painstakingly planned, leaving the other party unable to rest in peace even in death?

At that moment, Yun Buxiu found himself wondering—if she devoted all that thought and effort to loving someone, wouldn't that person be incredibly fortunate?

“National Preceptor?”

Seeing Yun Buxiu lost in thought, Tang Guo called out to him.

Still immersed in his own fantasies, Yun Buxiu seemed not to hear her.

“National Preceptor, what are you thinking about so deeply?”

Perhaps because he had grown accustomed to answering her honestly, Yun Buxiu replied instinctively, “I was thinking that if Your Highness put so much thought into treating someone well and loving that person, how happy that person would be.”

Lü Yufan: Was it really appropriate for Lord National Preceptor to say such things? At least on the surface, he still looked like a child.

Before Tang Guo could reply, Yun Buxiu came to his senses.

Those words couldn't be taken back.

Meeting her smiling eyes, he hurriedly explained, “Your Highness, please don't misunderstand. Being able to follow Your Highness and remain your neighbor already satisfies me.”

“National Preceptor, do you think I treat you badly?”

Without even thinking, Yun Buxiu answered, “Your Highness treats me very well.”

“As long as you understand that. Tell me, aside from my personal maid Yingzhu and those attendants, who else do I bring with me wherever I go? Every time you invited me to dinner, didn't I visit your residence? Whenever I came across something interesting, didn't I always have someone call for you?”

System: Covering face. Host is settling accounts again.

Tang Guo wore an expression that practically said, Whenever I find something good, I think of you. How can you be so greedy?

Even Lü Yufan had no words.

Then he remembered the previous life. Could it be that Her Highness had been left psychologically scarred by Lü Qing and no longer intended to love anyone in this life?

The sympathy in Lü Yufan's eyes when he looked at Yun Buxiu deepened.

“Your Highness truly treats me very well,” Yun Buxiu admitted.

“Mm. National Preceptor, you're really forgetful. I've treated you so well, and yet you still want me to love you. That's too greedy.”

“No, no. I really am satisfied. I won't indulge in such foolish thoughts again.”

For some reason, hearing her call him greedy made Yun Buxiu feel a chill run down his spine.

System: That's the restriction. This guy is really something. One restriction is stronger than the last.

In just a year, Lin Yuexiang underwent earth-shattering changes. Even dressed in plain-colored clothes, it was impossible to conceal her elegance.

Now, no one who met her would associate her with the coarse village woman who had once raised children and worked the fields.

Her skin had become fair, and she could quote poetry and literature with ease.

Lü Yufan's learning surpassed even what he had achieved in his previous life.

As for Lü Yuzhi, she could already diagnose patients independently. During their travels, she handled many free clinics and had earned herself the title of Little Divine Physician.

During this period, Tang Guo also arranged for the mother and her two children to learn martial arts.

Lin Yuexiang had initially felt that martial arts wasted time and that she would be better off practicing calligraphy and studying books.

Then Tang Guo gave her a reason she simply couldn't refuse, and she happily devoted herself to martial arts training.

The reason was simple:

“When you meet Lü Qing in the future, you'll possess great skills. With two slaps, you can send him flying. Doesn't that sound satisfying?”

Lin Yuexiang had been stunned.

Then her eyes lit up.

“Satisfying!”

As expected of the woman she admired most.

The Eldest Princess had found an excellent reason for practicing martial arts.

She had long wanted to beat Lü Qing up. She was determined to turn that pretty little face of his into a pig's head.

As a result, among the three of them, the one who trained the hardest in martial arts was Lin Yuexiang.

“Your Highness, you truly can do anything. You actually had people carve Lü Qing's name onto wooden posts. Now my mother trains furiously every day, and she's already broken quite a few of them.”

Lü Yufan sighed helplessly.

Tang Guo smiled brightly.

“Lü Qing is shameless. I'm simply helping Yuexiang acquire more skills so she won't suffer losses when dealing with him in the future.”

System: Host's reasons have always been perfectly justified. Just look at how full of enthusiasm Lin Yuexiang is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1