Chapter 1496: Her Highness the Princess (46)
Lü Yufan felt utterly hopeless. He already understood that Her Highness the Princess was settling a personal grudge.
Lin Yuexiang had long expected that Lü Qing had changed his heart. As for his marrying a princess, those things weren't difficult for her to accept.
But when she learned that the people who had hunted her down had also been sent by Lü Qing, she stared blankly and said, “I, Lin Yuexiang, have never done anything to wrong him. I considered everything for the sake of his future, bore him children, and never let him worry over a single thing. In the end, for glory and wealth, and out of fear of losing his head, he actually wants my life.”
Lin Yuexiang didn't cry. Her face was simply numb.
Lü Yuzhi pouted, tears threatening to fall, and held onto her hand. Lü Yufan also looked at her eagerly, softly offering words of comfort.
Only then did Lin Yuexiang come back to herself. Looking at her two well-behaved children, she said quietly, “Your father abandoned the three of us for wealth and glory. Now, out of fear for his own life, he wants ours. Yufan, Yuzhi, I can't swallow this resentment. I still have to go to the Imperial City. Even if I have to pursue justice until the end of time, I will drag Lü Qing down from that lofty position.”
“Mother, why don't we hear what Her Highness the Eldest Princess has to say? Our lives were saved by Her Highness after all.”
Lin Yuexiang suddenly realized this and hurriedly thanked Tang Guo.
“I don't dare ask Your Highness to seek justice for this common woman. I only beg Your Highness to give me a chance to seek justice myself. After I accuse Lü Qing, I am willing to serve Your Highness for the rest of my life.”
System: Host, she's straightforward and has a proper moral compass. I didn't expect her not to ask you to avenge her.
The system was somewhat surprised. It had thought Lin Yuexiang would directly ask the Host to take action.
Her personality was similar to Lü Yufan's. Both only asked for a chance to take revenge themselves and had never thought of asking the Host to do it for them.
“A woman who, at a critical moment, could sacrifice herself and push her two children down the hillside to give them a chance to live is rare in this era. Lin Yuexiang is straightforward, and I expected that long ago. The personalities of these three make my journey to save them worthwhile.”
Had they been hopeless fools, she would rather have watched them walk toward their original fate.
“I don't need you to serve me.”
Lin Yuexiang hesitated before asking, “Then what does Your Highness require? This common woman will do everything in her power.”
Even though she knew that a princess of such exalted status probably didn't care, she sincerely meant every word.
“The reason I helped you is simply because Lü Qing offended me.”
Lin Yuexiang had long heard of the Eldest Princess's reputation and had always admired her. In her eyes, she was the example all women of Northern Xia should aspire to.
“Do you know that the person Lü Qing originally intended to scheme against was me? I was merely fortunate enough to avoid it.”
Lin Yuexiang's expression became indescribable.
In those days, marriages were arranged by parents and matchmakers. Back then, she had only heard that Lü Qing was a scholar with talent and good looks.
Aside from being poor and having sick parents, he seemed perfect.
So she married him.
Not long after the marriage, her parents-in-law passed away, and she handled all the funeral arrangements herself.
Apart from the first month, she and Lü Qing rarely spoke.
After giving birth to Lü Yufan, she had to care for the child and manage the household, leaving even less time for conversation.
Truthfully, she never really understood Lü Qing.
She had never imagined he could be so shameless and commit such disgusting acts.
“I support you in accusing Lü Qing and taking that dog's life. But before that, all of you need to start anew and grow to the point that Lü Qing will be shocked by what you've become.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸