Chapter 1492: Her Highness the Princess (42)
“You know me, don't you?”
Inside the small compartment, only Tang Guo and the Lü siblings remained. Lü Yuzhi was still asleep, so for all intents and purposes, there were only two of them.
Lü Yufan was still reeling from the shock of returning to his childhood, and at the same time was filled with despair. Why had he returned to this point? Everything was already too late.
Then Tang Guo's words suddenly reached his ears, causing him to instinctively raise his head.
Wait.
No, things were different.
The Eldest Princess was here, and she had saved him. That meant everything had changed.
This was the middle of nowhere, without even a main road nearby. There was no possibility that she had accidentally happened upon him.
And judging by the heavy rain that had begun last evening and his current condition, he must have been rescued shortly after tumbling down the hillside.
In his previous life, he had lain in the rain all night. He and his sister had rolled to different places by the roadside. In the end, a beggar had saved him, and he had remained unconscious for several days.
He had not wanted to become a beggar. He had wanted revenge, so he had entered a wealthy household as a bookboy.
But now everything was different.
And the reason for that difference was likely this Eldest Princess.
“Your Highness the Eldest Princess?”
Lü Yufan was a smart person. He was no longer truly a child.
“Mm.” Tang Guo smiled and glanced at him. Just as he was about to begin speculating, she said, “Little Top Scholar Lü, it's good to see that you've returned as well.”
What?
Lü Yufan's eyes widened.
She had just laid everything out?
He hadn't even thought about how to explain himself yet.
System: Host is teasing people again.
Well, both of them had suffered because of Lü Qing. Now that their identities had been laid bare, Lü Yufan wouldn't be able to avoid working for the Host even if he wanted to.
“Your Highness, did you come specifically for me?” Having accepted the fact that both of them had been reborn, Lü Yufan asked, “In my previous life, I was deceived by Lü Qing and brought disaster upon Your Highness. Yet now Your Highness has saved me and become Lü Yufan's savior. I wonder what Your Highness's purpose is. If Your Highness wishes to take my life personally, I only ask for enough time to avenge myself. Once I've killed Lü Qing, I shall come before Your Highness to accept my punishment.”
“If I wanted your life, I would've ordered someone to stab you again yesterday evening when I found you.”
“In our previous lives, both of us were deceived by villains. We were kindred spirits in misery.”
“I saved you naturally because I want you to deal with Lü Qing. Right now, I could crush him to death with a pinch of my fingers, but that would be far too unsatisfying.”
Tang Guo's lips curled upward slightly as her beautiful eyes fell upon Lü Yufan.
“If you kill him with your own hands, that would truly satisfy me.”
Lü Yufan's little body trembled.
Was this really the kind and pure Eldest Princess from his memories?
“And you did wrong me once before. How about this? After you've killed Lü Qing, devote your life to my brother. Spend the rest of your life serving Northern Xia. What do you think?”
“Agreed.” Lü Yufan answered without hesitation. “As long as Your Highness gives me the chance to avenge myself, I, Lü Yufan, will dedicate the rest of my life to Northern Xia and remain loyal to the Crown Prince forever.”
As long as the Crown Prince stood firm, the Third Prince would never have a chance.
Back then, he had only been deceived. The power of those two had been too great, and he had unknowingly helped them achieve their ambitions.
Now that he had another chance, he would make sure those two suffered. Neither of them would escape.
System: Another willing workhorse!
“Your Highness, I have one request. I hope you'll send people to find my mother.” Lü Yufan's eyes reddened, and tears nearly spilled out.
He was no longer truly a child. How could he cry in front of a woman? That would be too embarrassing.
“Find her? What are you looking for? Your mother suffered serious injuries and is recovering in the next room. If you want to see her, you can go right now.”
Lü Yufan was speechless.
How could this woman become so incredible after being reborn?
Humans truly couldn't be compared.
He had been reborn and was still nothing more than a piece of meat on the chopping block.
She had been reborn and had overturned heaven and earth.
System: This kid is adorably dumb.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸