Chapter 1490: Her Highness the Princess (40)
“Then what about now? You're staying close to me and trying to please me. What's your purpose?”
Yun Buxiu answered sincerely, “I only hope that one day Your Highness will truly see me, or perhaps allow me to spend my life by your side.”
“I have no intention of marrying in this lifetime. We've known each other for many years, National Preceptor. You should know that.”
“It doesn't matter. Even if I can only remain Your Highness's neighbor, Buxiu is willing.”
Tang Guo laughed. “You are easily satisfied. The National Preceptor is someone who loves the carefree life of drifting clouds and wild cranes. Are you truly willing to remain in the Imperial City for the rest of your life, binding yourself to a single residence?”
“Yes. I am willing to spend my entire life as Your Highness's weather forecast.”
System: Hahahahaha… Yun Buxiu, you're incredible.
“Very well. Whatever you wish to do, I won't interfere with it or force you otherwise. This is your own choice.”
Hearing that Tang Guo had no intention of driving him away, Yun Buxiu finally relaxed. “Your Highness, I have one question.”
“Go ahead.”
“If during our first meeting, Buxiu had not harbored ulterior motives, would there have been a chance for us to become husband and wife?”
Tang Guo chuckled softly. “I don't know. But I can tell you this—first impressions are important. The moment I first saw you, you had already failed. I am the Eldest Princess of Northern Xia, and now that Imperial Father has granted me freedom in marriage, I have no need to marry simply for the sake of marriage. What I want now is to travel the world and cultivate more new varieties of crops.”
“Then Buxiu's wish is simply to remain by Your Highness's side as your weather forecast. I only hope that Your Highness won't find me bothersome.”
Even if they could never become husband and wife, they could still remain together for a lifetime, couldn't they?
He had finally understood.
Her Highness truly had no desire to marry. Her words and gaze carried a carefree ease.
She was different from the women of this era.
She was a woman whose heart embraced the world and whose soul was free. As for love, perhaps she would only take it if she wanted it someday.
After their conversation that afternoon, Yun Buxiu became much more at ease.
He devoted himself wholeheartedly to reporting the weather for Tang Guo, leaving the attendants and maids speechless.
As evening approached, a clap of thunder shook the sky.
Then came a torrential rain that seemed as though it would never stop.
Yun Buxiu still couldn't understand why Tang Guo sat inside the shelter, gazing at the sloping hillside not far away.
He looked over as well.
About half an hour later, two dark shapes rolled down from the hillside.
Before he could react, he heard Tang Guo say, “Quickly, save those two children!”
Two children?
Yun Buxiu's eyes darkened slightly.
The distance wasn't great, but the sky was dark and the rain was pouring so heavily that he hadn't recognized the shapes as children. He had thought they were rocks.
Tang Guo's attendants didn't hesitate. Upon hearing her order, they rushed straight toward the slope.
In Northern Xia, Tang Guo had an extraordinary number of devoted admirers. Countless people wished they could give their lives for her.
The attendants moved with great agility and quickly carried the two half-conscious children into the shelter.
Seeing the two children covered in blood and wounds, Tang Guo turned to Yun Buxiu.
“National Preceptor, I've heard your medical skills are quite good.”
“Leave the rest to me.”
“Mother… Mother…”
Even in their dazed state, the children continued calling for their mother.
Yun Buxiu paused briefly before lowering his head and examining their injuries. He took care of the boy himself, while Yingzhu looked after the little girl.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸