Chapter 149: The Goth School Heartthrob 47
Tang Wan and Liu Shutong, meanwhile, applied to universities in another city, far away from the male and female leads.
Because of his outstanding appearance, Liu Shutong attracted attention as soon as he entered university, even catching the eye of a talent scout.
Liu Shutong had always been interested in dancing. Besides, he was already an adult now. Surely he couldn't keep dating someone while continuing to spend his family's money all the time, could he?
Thus, wanting to earn some extra money so he could give Tang Wan a better life, Liu Shutong signed a contract after confirming that there was nothing wrong with the company the talent scout had mentioned.
After signing the contract, he first had to undergo a period of training as a trainee.
But once he actually arrived at the company, Liu Shutong discovered that among the trainees, practically everyone had received professional training in some kind of talent from a young age. He was the only self-taught one, and the only thing he knew how to do was dance from Audition.
Fortunately, his face gave him a huge advantage.
Originally, doing Audition dances with his Shamate hairstyle had looked ridiculously goofy. But with his current appearance and physique, those same dances became undeniably cool and flashy.
When the dance instructor learned that the dances he performed came from Audition, even the instructor found it rather amusing.
Fortunately, Liu Shutong really did have a talent for dancing.
Thus, after a period of training, he successfully made his debut.
And making his debut at the same time as Liu Shutong was the male lead, Zhang Heng.
Zhang Heng was different from Liu Shutong. His family came from a musical background, so naturally, they had connections in the entertainment industry.
Therefore, Zhang Heng had people supporting him from the moment he debuted, and he quickly earned the nickname “Little King of Pop.”
But even so, he still couldn't compete with Liu Shutong's face.
After all, this was the entertainment industry. Although ability mattered too, when it came to first impressions, people were definitely going to look at one's face.
Just like in the original plot, Liu Shutong once again became an overnight sensation.
The songs he wrote for Tang Wan became especially popular among young people.
In order to help him attract even more fans, the company originally wanted him to break up with Tang Wan. At the very least, they wanted him to hide the fact that the two were dating.
But Liu Shutong firmly refused.
……
“I joined this industry in the first place just to earn some pocket money to support my girlfriend. If I break up with her, then what's the point of doing any of this?”
The manager truly couldn't understand it. How could there actually be someone who would choose pure love over fame and money?!
“You're still too young!” the manager eventually said.
He thought that one day, after Liu Shutong had experienced the glitz and glamour of this industry, he would become like countless other celebrities and abandon love for fame and fortune, regretting the choice he had made today.
As it turned out, the one who was too young and inexperienced was the manager himself.
Not only did Liu Shutong openly admit that he already had a girlfriend outside the entertainment industry whenever he was asked about his love life, he also went completely overboard praising Tang Wan.
“Let me tell you guys, my wife is super cute! There isn't a girl in this world cuter than her!”
“Every time I see her, I like her a little more than I did the day before!”
“Seriously! The moment I see her, it feels like even the air has turned sweet!”
“What? You ask if I'm not afraid of losing fans? Compared with losing fans, I'm much more afraid of my girlfriend breaking up with me, okay?”
“If you become famous and then refuse to admit you have a girlfriend, what kind of man does that make you?”
For a while, reporters and fans alike felt as though they had been force-fed an entire mouthful of dog food.
Although some people did unfollow him, even more fans said:
“I've never seen a celebrity with such a bizarrely wholesome style! I'm officially a fan!”
“Just for being this responsible, I'll never unfollow you!”
“Ahhh! I'm locking this couple together! I swallowed the key! They're way too sweet, oh my god! Being Liu Shutong's girlfriend must be so happy!”
“I order you two to get married right now! No fighting, no breaking up! You're way too sweet!”
……
At this time, many students from No. 2 High School also began exposing the two of them online, sharing stories about how they had publicly showered each other with affection back when they were in school.
As a result, Liu Shutong's career didn't fall into a slump because he had made his relationship public. Instead, he gained even more fans.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ