Chapter 1480: Her Highness the Princess (26)
“Since Brother-in-law is not afraid of hardship, let me make this clear in advance. Once you join, you must stay for three months no matter what.”
Tang Guo smiled as she looked at Lu Qing. “Brother-in-law, you should understand how important these matters are to Northern Xia. This is no child’s game.”
“I understand.”
“Then you must promise me that after joining, no matter how exhausting or difficult it becomes, you will grit your teeth and persevere for three months. Of course, lasting half a month would already be commendable. You are a prince consort of Northern Xia. If you cannot endure hardship and retreat after only a few days, would that not disgrace the imperial family?”
“Elder Sister speaks rightly. Lu Qing will never retreat.”
Lu Qing truly did not think any of this would be difficult.
He had simply been raised too well and had never understood that every grain of rice on one’s plate came from sweat and hard labor.
“Very well. Since I have your promise and Second Sister’s word as well, I shall give you a chance.”
At last, Lu Qing breathed a sigh of relief.
Tang Xi was equally delighted. She loved Lu Qing deeply and believed that by helping him, he would become increasingly dependent on her.
Of course, Lu Qing’s relationship with her imperial brother was excellent, and Tang Xi understood certain things.
Who would not wish for their own brother to hold supreme power?
Compared to being merely the Second Princess, she much preferred becoming the Grand Princess.
The two of them took their leave from Tang Guo in high spirits.
Not long afterward, Tang Zhi hurried to the Princess Manor.
“Guo’er.” Tang Zhi looked puzzled. “Why did you agree to let Lu Qing join?”
Tang Guo first glanced at Yun Buxiu, who was following behind Tang Zhi.
This man truly had no shame.
Whenever the Emperor came to her manor, he followed the Emperor.
Whenever her Crown Prince brother came, he followed the Crown Prince.
Like a sticky piece of taffy.
The system laughed. Host, look! Yun Buxiu is secretly stealing glances at you. Not openly either. Look at those eyes, practically begging for attention. I’m dying of laughter.
Pretending not to notice Yun Buxiu, Tang Guo lowered her voice and said to Tang Zhi, “Second Sister said that Brother-in-law is greatly interested in crops. Since they both care so much about the common people, how can I ignore their sincere hearts?”
“Guo’er, tell me honestly. What are you planning? These crops are of utmost importance. If they fall into the hands of someone with ill intentions…”
“Brother, you worry too much. Brother-in-law simply wishes to serve Northern Xia in his own special way. I truly cannot stop him. How about coming again tomorrow? Then you can witness Brother-in-law’s unwavering devotion to the nation.”
Tang Zhi already sensed something was wrong.
Every word his sister spoke seemed full of ridicule, and her eyes carried traces of amusement.
He quietly asked, “Guo’er, are you setting Lu Qing up? Tell me, how do you plan to torment him?”
“Why would I torment him? I’m merely fulfilling Brother-in-law’s heartfelt wish.”
Tang Zhi was speechless.
“Fine. I’ll come again tomorrow and see for myself what exactly you’re up to.”
“National Teacher, let us return to the palace.”
Yun Buxiu: Why not stay a little longer? We just got here. Perhaps we could have lunch before returning?
Unfortunately, Tang Zhi seemed completely blind to the longing in Yun Buxiu’s eyes and strode away.
Yun Buxiu looked back at Tang Guo with deep reluctance before following after him.
The system laughed again. Host, I’m dying. Look at Yun Buxiu. He clearly wants to stay so badly.
“Brother would never let him stay.”
The system suddenly felt a chill.
Host… what do you mean by that?
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸