Chapter 1472: Her Highness the Princess (18)

“We’re only missing that one ingredient.”

“We must obtain the medicinal herb, but we’ll have to use a different method.” Thinking of the way she had turned away without hesitation that day, Yun Buxiu said, “Tomorrow, accompany me to meet the Emperor of Northern Xia. After thinking it over, I believe this method should allow me to obtain that ingredient.”

Yun Yin froze. “What method, Young Master?”

“If I become Northern Xia’s Imperial Preceptor and Imperial Physician for twenty years, do you think the Empress would be willing to gift me that medicinal herb?” There was still uncertainty in Yun Buxiu’s tone. Even the Eldest Princess was so extraordinary.

Though he had some fame, he could not be sure he would move the Emperor and Empress of Northern Xia.

Yun Yin was genuinely shocked. “Young Master, haven’t you always loved the freedom of wandering and hated being bound by power and court affairs? Back then, the Western Yun Kingdom offered such generous terms, yet you refused.”

“It’s different. Yun Yin, you don’t understand.” Yun Buxiu gazed in the direction of the palace. “I have this vague sense of unease. I don’t know why, but if I don’t go see her soon, I may lose something precious and regret it for the rest of my life.”

Yun Yin was speechless. Was it really necessary to bind himself to Northern Xia for twenty years over a single medicinal herb?

“Young Master, if you do this, Miss will surely be upset. She would never want you to sacrifice your freedom for her sake.”

Yun Buxiu glanced at Yun Yin with an expression that plainly said, You know nothing.

“Who told you I’m becoming the Imperial Preceptor for my sworn younger sister?”

“Not for Miss?” Yun Yin was stunned. “Aren’t you doing this to obtain the medicine? How could it not be for Miss?”

“Of course not. I merely wish to exchange my labor for a reward. I refuse to use those despicable methods and risk displeasing her.”

Yun Yin stood dumbfounded. “She… you mean the Eldest Princess?”

“Yun Yin, you’re finally clever for once.” Yun Buxiu was delighted. “In that case, why not go speak with the Emperor of Northern Xia right now? I’ve already wasted several months. I really shouldn’t have.”

With that, he strode out of the house and headed toward the palace.

Yun Yin called after him, but there was no stopping him. In the end, he could only hurry after him.

Yun Buxiu’s audience with the Emperor went exceedingly smoothly.

All he had to do was reveal his identity and demonstrate some of his abilities. The Emperor was overjoyed.

Yun Buxiu—the proud and unruly recluse who preferred a carefree life.

It was said that his divination skills were astonishingly profound.

His medical skills were equally extraordinary.

For such a talent, all he asked for was the empty title of Imperial Preceptor, and only for twenty years. The Emperor could hardly ask for more.

“Master Yun, since you are willing to become Northern Xia’s Imperial Preceptor, I assume you have another request as well?”

Yun Buxiu did not bother with pleasantries and frankly stated that he had come for a certain precious medicinal herb in the Empress’s possession.

Without hesitation, the Emperor summoned the Empress and asked whether she would be willing to exchange that herb for twenty years of Yun Buxiu’s service to Northern Xia.

Naturally, the Empress agreed.

She was a clever woman. A talent like Yun Buxiu was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The medicinal herb served little purpose in her hands. It was far better to use it to recruit such a remarkable person.

Though Yun Buxiu was somewhat arrogant and unruly, he was known for keeping his word.

Tang Zhi informed Tang Guo that Northern Xia was about to gain a remarkable Imperial Preceptor and brought her along to meet him.

As Tang Guo entered the hall, she saw Yun Buxiu dressed in white.

His demeanor was calm and detached, his appearance refined and unearthly, making him seem every bit the immortal recluse he appeared to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1