Chapter 1447: The Blackened Good Girl (82)

 Tang Guo pushed him lightly. “Gege, that wasn’t me.”

Since she had already used the Yellow Millet Dream, there was no need to place the original host’s experiences onto herself. “I’m only an avenger, not her.”

“I’ve already lived out the life she wished for. In her name, I have stood upon a brilliant, lofty stage for this entire life, forever looking down on Wu Lingling. I’ve also taken revenge on everyone who harmed her.”

Tang Guo wrapped her arms around Qiao Ge’s neck and kissed his lips. “Once everything is over, what remains will be our life.”

System: The host has always been a principled person. Even when she’s in love, she never forgets about revenge.

Qiao Ge gradually calmed down and deepened the kiss.

“Guoguo, I’m truly fortunate that you came. Otherwise, I would have spent this life alone.”

System: This guy really washed himself clean enough, finding such an innocent identity for himself.

When they actually meet in the future, I wonder if I can copy his spells. They seem pretty powerful.

If he becomes enemies with Host, then I’ll snatch them away.

But if there’s no enmity, would I even need to steal them?

“Guoguo, what’s going on between you and the heir of the Lu family?”

Tang Guo couldn’t help laughing at the jealousy in his voice. “We have some business dealings, some other cooperative arrangements, and we made an agreement.”

“What agreement?”

“I can cooperate with him, but after he inherits the Lu Corporation, he absolutely must not leave Lu Jing any chance to make a comeback.”

After all, Lu Jing had a blood debt with her. How could she let him live comfortably?

Killing Lu Jing would have been simple. She had many ways to do it without anyone ever knowing. It would have been effortless.

But killing him would not satisfy her.

Lu Jing had murdered the original host because of Wu Lingling. Did Wu Lingling really know nothing about it? As the woman beside his pillow, Tang Guo didn’t believe Wu Lingling had never questioned Lu Jing after the original host’s death.

With how much Lu Jing loved Wu Lingling, he would definitely have let something slip.

Yet Wu Lingling had chosen to pretend she knew nothing.

If Lu Jing died, perhaps he would even find relief because of Wu Lingling.

No.

Lu Jing had to live.

As long as Wu Lingling existed, Lu Jing would never know peace for the rest of his life.

“And I also told him that Brother Dao’s gang and I have a bit of a grudge.”

The corners of Tang Guo’s lips curved upward. “He’s a sensible man. He quickly gave up on those people and promised not to interfere. Besides, that group had become too greedy and had already annoyed him. Our cooperation happened to suit both our interests.”

Qiao Ge had not expected Tang Guo to be so candid.

She really feared nothing.

His wife’s origins were truly mysterious.

“Fortunately, I chased after Guoguo wholeheartedly. Otherwise, someone as amazing as you might have been won over by someone else.”

System: Relax, relax. Besides you, I haven’t seen anyone who could move Host’s heart.

As long as you behave and don’t betray or hurt Host, life will be very good until Host regains all of her memories.

“Gege, I want to do something.”

“I’ll go with you.”

When Tang Guo changed into that leather jacket and ripped pants and put on her mask, Qiao Ge immediately wrapped his arms around her.

“It’s you?”

“Hm?”

Qiao Ge’s smile widened. Holding her slender waist, he kissed the top of her head through the mask.

“So the female phantom thief was you. Guoguo, I’ve discovered another one of your secrets.”

“Gege,” Tang Guo said with a smile, “I let you discover this one on purpose.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1