Chapter 1430: The Blackened Good Girl (65)
He hoped those good deeds would allow them to meet again in the next life.
If someone was willing to come to the school and work as a free campus doctor, no matter what their motives were, he would gladly welcome them.
With someone helping him watch over the infirmary, he could go out every morning to buy fresh ingredients and come back to cook for Guoguo.
In the afternoon, he could make some afternoon tea for her as well.
There were quite a few students at the university. Without those free apprentices, he would still be fairly busy, with small incidents cropping up every day.
He thought this kind of life was perfect.
Holding Guoguo's hand felt as though he was holding the entire world.
"Eat more. You've gotten thinner lately." Looking at Tang Guo's cheeks, which had lost their baby fat, Qiao Ge reached out and stroked them with heartache. "You've lost so much weight."
System: More dog food. Host is just growing taller, what do you mean thinner?
"Gege, your cooking has improved again." Tang Guo praised generously. "It's so delicious."
"If it's delicious, then eat more. What do you want for dinner? And what flavor milk tea would you like this afternoon?" Qiao Ge looked every bit like a devoted househusband.
The system had already gone numb. This guy... sigh, never mind. He's so obedient that Host can't bear to abandon him.
"Anything Gege makes is delicious. I like everything. I'm not picky."
System: Right. She only gets picky when it's not made by Qiao Ge. Last time, when she went to a class gathering, she only took a few bites. Then she came back and called Qiao Ge, complaining that the restaurant food was awful and that she'd barely eaten anything and was still hungry.
And that spineless fellow had actually cooked in the middle of the night and delivered the food to her.
The system silently lamented why this world had to be so hostile toward single dogs.
Hearing Tang Guo's words, the smile never left Qiao Ge's handsome face.
"Then I'll make soup tonight. You've gotten so much thinner lately. You need to nourish yourself."
Tang Guo nodded. "Okay."
She didn't object at all. After all, she wasn't afraid of gaining weight, and Qiao Ge's cooking was truly excellent.
He was a master with a scalpel, yet unexpectedly just as skilled with a kitchen knife.
"Have those hospitals stopped coming after you recently?" Tang Guo asked.
Qiao Ge shook his head. "No. I'm very free now. Those old fellows aren't lacking in ability. Their experience is rich; they're just not as bold in their thinking as I am. Once we discuss things a bit, they understand. In a few more years, I'll have even more free time."
"Gege."
"Guoguo, what do you want to say?"
"Your talent in medicine is extraordinary. At your age, you could certainly achieve great things in the medical field, perhaps even leave a significant mark in history. Isn't it a pity to give that up? If that's what you want, I won't mind. I don't want you to give up your dreams just because you want to stay with me."
Qiao Ge held Tang Guo's hand, his voice gentle and affectionate.
"Guoguo, my dream is to hold your hand forever, take care of you, love you, and stay by your side. Fame and fortune don't mean much to me. I've already written down everything I know and given back what I've learned."
"I think life is very good right now. If somewhere needs me, I certainly won't refuse. But there are many exceptionally gifted people in this world. One day, someone even better than me will appear. That person's greatest dream will surely be to reach the highest achievements in medicine."
"But the achievement I want most..."
He gazed at her with tenderness in his eyes.
"...is to marry you after you graduate."
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ