Chapter 1425: The Blackened Good Girl (60)

"Lingling, I sent you messages. My mother was critically ill and hospitalized, so I went to see her."

Wu Lingling's unreasonable behavior and childish temper still left Lu Jing feeling exhausted.

No matter how much she argued with him over other things, he had never minded.

But his mother was the only person he truly cared about, his only family in this world.

Now that she was seriously ill, he had merely gone to see her. He had even sent messages to Wu Lingling during that time.

Who would have thought that by the time his mother was discharged and he returned, Wu Lingling would have caused so much trouble?

As for trying to sabotage Tang Guo's college entrance examination, he didn't think much of it. Wu Lingling had told him before that everyone in the Tang family disliked her.

He could understand that feeling. After all, in the Lu family, aside from his mother, no one liked him either. His father's other women often made insinuating remarks in front of his mother, eventually causing her to fall ill.

So he simply assumed Tang Guo's side had provoked Wu Lingling first.

What he couldn't accept was that Wu Lingling had become involved with Brother Dao.

He had always been at odds with Brother Dao's group.

Wu Lingling didn't know who was backing Brother Dao, but Lu Jing knew very well.

The woman who had caused his mother's illness this time happened to be the mother of a certain young master of the Lu family—the same young master supported by Brother Dao's boss.

"Don't have anything to do with Brother Dao anymore."

Thinking that Wu Lingling had suffered as well, Lu Jing softened his tone.

After all, Wu Lingling had been with him for so many years and had even undergone two abortions because of his carelessness.

He really did love Wu Lingling.

Yet vaguely, he felt things shouldn't have turned out this way.

He recalled how his mother had held his hand in her hospital bed and told him to strive harder.

His heart turned sour. Taking Wu Lingling's hand, he called softly, "Lingling."

"What?" Wu Lingling replied irritably, though she no longer intended to blame him.

She knew perfectly well what kind of relationship she had with Brother Dao and those men.

If things really got blown open and those matters came to light, it would do her no good.

She could no longer return home. The Tang family hated her. Her mother found her disgraceful, and her father only cared about drinking and gambling, never paying attention to his daughter.

Her place to live and all her expenses still depended on Lu Jing.

So she couldn't truly anger him.

Since Lu Jing had already lowered himself and spoken gently, she knew when to stop. If even Lu Jing abandoned her, she would truly have nowhere to go.

Everything she had now depended on Lu Jing.

"Lingling, my mother is seriously ill this time." Lu Jing hesitated before continuing, "I don't want to go on like this anymore. Lingling, I don't want my mother to look at me with pain and disappointment every time she sees me."

"What do you mean?"

"I want to go home. Lingling, I want to return and learn from my father. I might not achieve much, but at least my mother won't worry anymore. And we can't keep living like this forever, can we?"

Lu Jing spoke carefully, afraid of provoking Wu Lingling.

Unexpectedly, she didn't get angry this time. Instead, she asked quietly, "Then what about me?"

"I'll take you with me. How about that?"

Wu Lingling's eyes lit up. "Really?"

"Of course it's true. If I wasn't planning to take you back with me, why would I tell you all this?"

Wu Lingling knew that Lu Jing came from an influential family. He seemed to be some young master of the Lu Corporation.

How could she possibly refuse?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1