Chapter 14: Diablo 11
“I’m not asking whether he’s dead. I want to know if he’s unconscious or still awake,” Tang Wan said speechlessly.
“Oh, that. Although he’s dizzy, he’s still conscious and hasn’t completely passed out yet,” Little Cutie replied immediately.
“That’s good.”
The moment those words fell, before Little Cutie could even ask what she was planning to do, tears were already falling from Tang Wan’s eyes under his stunned gaze.
They just happened to drip onto Tang Yitong’s face.
Not only that, Tang Wan tightly hugged Tang Yitong’s body as she said fearfully:
“Tang Yitong, don’t scare me! Don’t die! I promise I’ll never bully you again! Wake up!”
Naturally, Tang Yitong heard every word.
At the same time, the salty tears dripped onto his face.
Tang Wan was crying?
She would actually cry for him?
Was she really frightened because he suddenly collapsed?
At that moment, Little Cutie suddenly shouted excitedly:
“Host, the favorability score broke past 0! Ah! It increased again—to 10 points!”
Humans really were complicated emotional creatures.
Tang Yitong had clearly hated the host to death before, yet in the end, a life-saving favor and a few boxes of dumplings completely changed things.
...
At that moment, the nurse rushed over.
Tang Yitong was quickly sent for an examination and then induced to vomit.
Not long afterward, the nurse pushed Tang Yitong back into the room on a hospital bed.
“The patient’s stomach has shrunk severely due to long-term hunger. He shouldn’t eat too much food right now. In the future, he should eat more light liquid foods and pay closer attention to his diet,” the nurse explained.
Tang Wan quickly nodded.
After the nurse left, she immediately looked toward Tang Yitong.
“Tang Yitong, how are you feeling? Sorry, this is my fault. If I hadn’t told you to eat so many dumplings, you wouldn’t have gotten sick.”
Hearing Tang Wan’s words, Tang Yitong looked at her quietly for a moment with complicated eyes before finally saying:
“I’m fine. It’s not your fault.”
And... thank you for worrying about me.
Although Tang Wan had treated him terribly before, and he used to hate her deeply, he no longer hated her the same way now.
Because she was the first person willing to cry for him.
...
Soon, Tang Yitong closed his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.
Seeing this, Tang Wan climbed back onto the bed and pulled up the blanket.
Although she hadn’t managed to chat with Tang Yitong according to her original plan, his favorability had already become positive, so there would be plenty of time to talk later.
The next day, Old Wu, another driver from the Tang family, came to pick them up.
When Tang Wan and Tang Yitong arrived home, Tang Wansong was lying on the floor letting his younger son, Tang Hao, ride on his back like a horse.
Seeing the two of them return, Tang Wansong quickly stood up while holding Tang Hao.
“You’re back? How are your injuries? Dad was too busy yesterday and really didn’t have time to visit you. Wanwan, you’re not angry, right? Dad promises to make it up to you, okay?” Tang Wansong said with a concerned expression.
Hearing this, Tang Wan lazily slumped onto the sofa like a spoiled rich second-generation heir and said casually:
“Why would I be angry? Isn’t it normal that my dad didn’t even visit me after I almost died in a car accident? If you really feel guilty, then give me something practical instead. Increase my allowance! Last time I went shopping with Weiwei, there were several bags and dresses I liked but couldn’t buy. Anyone who didn’t know better would think I came from a poor family!”
As soon as she said this, Tang Wansong’s expression stiffened briefly before he chuckled.
“You don’t have enough money to spend? Fine, Dad will give you more money. How about an extra two hundred thousand next month?”
If it weren’t for the fact that he still needed Tang Wan to hand over that ten percent of company shares, he wouldn’t even bother dealing with this daughter.
She was exactly like her mother—bad-tempered and stubborn!
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸