Chapter 1386: The Blackened Good Girl (21)

“Classmate?”

“It’s not mine,” Tang Guo denied. “I didn’t bring a phone today.”

“But…” Qiao Ge said earnestly, with complete certainty, “I really saw this phone fall out of your pocket.” As he spoke, he lit up the screen, revealing the password interface. “Why don’t you try your password? If it opens, then it’s definitely yours. Besides, the contacts and all the accounts inside… one look and you’ll know.”

System: Hahahahaha! Just check the accounts and you’ll know. What an honest person.

Qiao Ge felt that this fair and delicate-looking girl seemed a little silly.

Normally, when someone found your phone and asked if it was yours, anyone would at least take a look. But she had denied it outright and even claimed she hadn’t brought a phone.

Frowning, Qiao Ge asked, “Classmate, what do you think?”

“If you can’t remember the password, you can use your fingerprint.”

System: Hahahahaha! You can even use your fingerprint.

Tang Guo’s expression twisted for a moment. Time was passing, and she had no desire to waste any more of it with this idiot.

She snatched the phone from his hand and unlocked it with her fingerprint.

“See? It’s yours.” Qiao Ge wore an expression that practically said, I knew I wasn’t mistaken. I really saw it fall out of your pocket. Believe me now? It almost made Tang Guo want to smash the phone over his head.

Stuffing the phone into her pocket, she said, “Fine, it’s mine. Thank you, kind-hearted stranger.”

“You’re welcome. Returning lost property is one of our nation’s traditional virtues.” Qiao Ge flashed a row of neat white teeth, his smile especially bright. “Being able to help you is my honor. It’s getting late, classmate. You should head home.”

“Bye.”

Tang Guo turned and left, planning to find a place where no one was around and throw the phone away again.

Unexpectedly, that guy actually followed behind her. She stopped and turned around. “What do you want now?” Taking out her wallet, she raised an eyebrow. “Do you want a reward? Is two hundred yuan enough?”

“No, no, no, you misunderstand.” Qiao Ge waved his hands frantically. “I don’t want any reward.”

“Then why are you following me?”

Qiao Ge replied kindly, “It’s almost seven o’clock. It’s not very safe for a girl to go home alone. Outside the school is pretty chaotic. There are a lot of delinquents hanging around at this hour. I’ll walk you to the bus stop.”

System: Host, he’s a kind person. He seems to have a pretty good heart.

There really weren’t many boys like this nowadays.

Outside the school was indeed a gathering place for delinquents. Especially around this school, with all its alleyways.

Those hoodlums liked hanging around in the alleys, bullying students and demanding protection money.

“No need. My driver is waiting for me at the school gate.”

“Then I’ll walk you to the gate.”

System: Hahahahahaha…

“No need.” Tang Guo raised her head and spoke to Qiao Ge with utmost seriousness. “If people see me walking so closely with a boy, they’ll gossip. Right now, I’m fully devoted to studying. If rumors about puppy love spread, it’ll affect my studies.”

“So, thank you for your kindness.” A faint smile appeared on Tang Guo’s face. “But I really don’t want misunderstandings to damage either my reputation or my studies.”

Qiao Ge felt that what she said made perfect sense.

Once she put it that way, he really couldn’t keep following her.

He just felt that there was something slightly abnormal about her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1