Chapter 1384: The Blackened Good Girl (19)

 “Big Sister, I'm truly sorry,” Qin Ruolan apologized. “And I'm sorry to Xiaoguo as well. Lingling is just too immature.”

Mother Tang no longer intended to forgive her. Her expression was far from pleasant. “Ruolan, since Lingling dislikes our help so much, let's leave things at that in the future.”

“Lingling is your precious daughter, but Xiaoguo is my precious daughter too. We hardly have time to spend with Xiaoguo because we're busy earning more money so she can have a better life.”

Recalling the hateful look on Wu Lingling's face earlier, Mother Tang couldn't help wondering if she had raised her own daughter to be too obedient. After being insulted like that, Tang Guo had still remained polite and gentle.

“Xiaoguo has always been sensible. Before, when Lingling repeatedly spoke badly about her, I only thought she was immature and that it was just childish squabbling between girls, so I didn't take it seriously.”

But Wu Lingling's frightening expression just now had genuinely startled her.

It was as if paying Wu Lingling's tuition was something she had begged to do, and not only did the girl take it for granted, she even looked disgusted by it. The feeling was so revolting that it was like swallowing a fly.

What an ungrateful little wolf.

If she weren't Qin Ruolan's daughter, Mother Tang wouldn't have spared her so much as a glance.

She finally understood. Wu Lingling's temperament had probably inherited the worst parts of Wu Jun, that bastard. After all, they were father and daughter.

“But you saw how Lingling behaved just now, didn't you? She's only a year younger than Xiaoguo. She's old enough to know better.” Mother Tang continued, “Let's forget everything that happened before. Ruolan, from now on, you'll have to take care of your daughter yourself. We can't help anymore.”

What could Qin Ruolan say? Could she really admit in front of everyone that she had no money and didn't want to shoulder Wu Lingling's tuition fees?

Her skin wasn't thick enough to openly ask Mother Tang for money.

In the past, Mother Tang had always pitied her and voluntarily offered help. She had never once taken the initiative to ask.

So all she could do was nod painfully. “Big Sister, I'll teach Lingling properly when I get home. This won't happen again.”

Everyone felt indignant on Tang Guo's behalf after what had happened at her birthday party.

Qin Ruolan sat to the side, her expression equally unpleasant.

Wu Lingling's actions today had completely humiliated her. Now even her elder sister was unwilling to pay the tuition anymore. Inwardly, she cursed Wu Lingling over and over. That girl really was too ignorant.

Since Qin Ruolan was Mother Tang's younger sister, Father Tang's expression improved slightly after seeing Mother Tang make that decision.

With so many people present, making a scene would only look bad. He planned to wait until everyone had left before discussing Qin Ruolan's situation with his wife.

Perhaps Tang Guo was the happiest person at this birthday party.

After all, driving away Wu Lingling, that little parasite, was something worth celebrating, wasn't it?

Wu Lingling was insecure, rebellious, and obsessed with her pride. There was no way she would come back to ask their family for money.

After the relatives had all gone home, Mother Tang and Father Tang exchanged glances and walked over to Tang Guo.

“Xiaoguo, don't concern yourself with Lingling's matters anymore,” Mother Tang said. “And don't learn from her either. I don't want her influencing you.”

Mother Tang felt somewhat guilty. “Before, I thought you two were cousins, so I asked you to take care of her. I never expected her to be so ungrateful and unreasonable. Let's forget about it.”

“Mom, are we really not going to bother with her anymore?”

At the thought of Wu Lingling's earlier words, Mother Tang's heart still ached. “No more. Xiaoguo, tell Mom honestly. What has Lingling been doing at school?”

“Nothing much, really. She just doesn't like studying very much. She often skips classes to go out and play with her friends. I've tried persuading her several times, but she doesn't really listen.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1