Chapter 1383: The Blackened Good Girl (18)
Deep down, Qin Ruolan couldn't help thinking how wonderful it would be if such a sensible child were her own. She wouldn't have to worry about a thing. Tang Guo was considerate, knew how to speak, and had excellent grades.
“When we get home, I'll have a proper talk with Lingling,” Qin Ruolan sighed. “I'm really sorry for ruining Xiaoguo's birthday today.”
“Auntie, why say such things? We're family. She just threw a little tantrum, that's all.”
Tang Guo's understanding attitude only made Father Tang and Mother Tang feel even more heartache.
This was their precious daughter, yet Wu Lingling had insulted her to her face. Their daughter had endured it all peacefully, just to avoid damaging family ties.
Even they had been angered by Wu Lingling's words. At one point, Mother Tang had nearly blurted out that if Wu Lingling disliked it so much, then she shouldn't spend their money so confidently.
She truly felt that all the concern she had shown over the years had been wasted.
And Xiaoguo had even said that Wu Lingling had matured. In her opinion, the girl had simply been pretending all along.
Host, Wu Lingling has been brought back by Wu Jun, the system reminded.
Tang Guo smiled inwardly and said to Qin Ruolan, “Auntie, don't worry about the tuition fees. Lingling was probably just speaking in anger. My mom won't take it to heart. As long as she becomes a little more sensible, it doesn't matter if my mom helps shoulder some of the tuition. You and my mom are sisters, after all.”
“Xiaoguo is truly too understanding.” Qin Ruolan's eyes reddened. “If I had the means, I wouldn't trouble your family.” The burden in her heart eased considerably.
The others didn't think much of it either. In truth, just as Wu Lingling had said, her family had the worst financial situation. If Qin Ruolan hadn't ruined things for herself back then, how could she have ended up living so poorly?
“Who wants her family's money? Who needs her fake kindness?”
No one had expected Wu Lingling to hear those words just as she returned. She stormed inside and pointed at Tang Guo angrily. “Tang Guo, you're actually sowing discord here. Are you trying to drag my mom over to your side too?”
After running out earlier, the more Wu Lingling thought about it, the more something felt wrong.
Everyone had stood with Tang Guo. Every pair of eyes had been filled with blame and dislike toward her.
When she returned with Wu Jun and stood outside the door, she happened to hear Tang Guo speaking in that lofty manner, telling Qin Ruolan not to worry about tuition fees.
And her mother looked so grateful, as though she wished Tang Guo were her own daughter. It infuriated her.
“I don't need you to pay my tuition!” Wu Lingling spat bitterly. “You're a hypocrite. You did this on purpose, didn't you? Deliberately winning everyone over so they'd all stand on your side and gang up on me, right?”
“Just because I'm different, you don't like me. So you're using this to make me grateful to you, to worship you, so I'd be like everyone else and revolve around you? Dream on!”
It's over.
That was the only thought in Qin Ruolan and Wu Jun's minds. They could already see Father Tang and Mother Tang struggling to hide the darkening expressions on their faces.
“Lingling, you…” Tang Guo looked harmless and innocent, but in Wu Lingling's eyes, she was nothing more than a blooming white lotus.
And Wu Lingling wasn't wrong.
The role Tang Guo was playing right now was that of the most beautiful white lotus imaginable.
After all, plenty of people fell for that kind of thing.
“Lingling, what nonsense are you talking about?” Qin Ruolan finally exploded and slapped her across the face again.
Caught completely off guard, Wu Lingling clutched her cheek and shouted, “Starting tomorrow, I'm not going to that school anymore! I won't come here ever again, and I definitely won't spend another cent from their family!”
This time, Wu Lingling truly left.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ