Chapter 1382: The Blackened Good Girl (17)

Out of everyone here, her family was the poorest, so in her eyes, they had all come to laugh at them.

Now everyone knew that Tang Guo’s family had paid her tuition. How was she supposed to hold her head up in the future?

Besides, none of this was what she wanted.

Her mother was always telling her to learn from Tang Guo. What was the point of that?

So what if Auntie had paid her tuition? Did that mean she had to bow her head and admit fault in front of Tang Guo?

She wasn’t wrong to begin with. She simply didn’t like studying. So what?

The system stared at everything in astonishment. Its host clearly hadn’t done anything, so how had Wu Lingling managed to make such a mess all by herself?

Throughout the entire thing, the host had barely spoken.

“People with inferiority complexes, when faced with situations like this, either suppress everything until they suffocate themselves or explode and reveal their ugliest side for everyone to see,” Tang Guo said to the system. “I haven’t done anything. I’ve simply made the people around me better and better. Most people who have fallen into the abyss don’t think about climbing back out. They only want to drag down those above them. Anyone unwilling to descend becomes an enemy.”

“All I’ve done is return certain experiences to her. Whether she chooses to climb out or to hate those above her as enemies is up to her.”

“Our family has no obligation to bear all her expenses. The reason Auntie is living such a miserable life now is because of her own choices. There’s no reason for our family to pay the bill. Don’t spend our money while acting all high and mighty, as if we’re begging her to take it. Since she’s so proud and so above it all, then she shouldn’t spend a single cent of our money.” A clean, innocent smile hung on Tang Guo’s face.

Wu Jun had already gone after Wu Lingling. No matter what, he had to bring her back. If this continued, it would only become more embarrassing.

“Xiaoguo, I’m really sorry. Lingling is too immature.” Qin Ruolan felt utterly humiliated as well. “Big Sister, Lingling is still young and doesn’t understand.”

“Auntie, I don’t mind Lingling ruining my birthday. After all, she’s still a child.” Tang Guo pursed her lips slightly and said hesitantly, “But what she said today really hurt me.”

Qin Ruolan looked flustered. “Then let Auntie apologize to you, okay?”

“But this isn’t your fault. Why should you apologize?” Tang Guo shook her head. “Auntie, I said I don’t mind how Lingling treats me, but hearing her speak about my mother like that made me unhappy.”

No one had expected her to say that.

This well-behaved and obedient girl looked so sensible that everyone was willing to listen to whatever she had to say.

Especially those relatives whose children she had praised earlier.

“My parents work so hard every day. Yes, they earn a lot, but they’re either in meetings or on their way to meetings all the time. Helping Lingling was simply because my mom felt sorry for Auntie.”

Qin Ruolan quickly nodded to show she understood.

“But Lingling’s words are chilling. I feel sorry for my mom. Auntie, I think Lingling has never experienced hardship and has been spoiled.”

An imperceptible curve appeared at the corner of Tang Guo’s lips, though her expression remained earnest. “If she’s never suffered, she won’t understand how hard life is. Auntie, please go home and have a proper talk with Lingling. And you too, Auntie—you’re working two jobs all by yourself. Even I feel sorry for you. If Lingling were more sensible, you wouldn’t have to worry so much.”

Having just been angered by her daughter, Qin Ruolan suddenly felt warmth in her heart.

That’s right. If Lingling were more understanding, why would she have to worry so much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1