Chapter 1373: The Blackened Good Girl (8)

“You think I care about that?” Wu Lingling snapped. “Aunt was the one who kept forcing money into my hands.”

“Lingling, so you really don't want to spend my mother's money?” Tang Guo curled her lips into a smile.

How could her family's money be spent on someone like Wu Lingling?

Now that she was here, not a single cent would go to such an ungrateful person. It would be better to feed it to a dog.

“I never asked for it in the first place,” Wu Lingling said, sensing the suspicious gazes around her. “If Aunt hadn't insisted, I wouldn't have accepted it. I'm just a middle school student, I don't spend much. What my mom gives me is already enough.”

Wu Lingling noticed Tang Guo smiling.

She had to admit that this fair, delicate-looking high school girl looked especially attractive when she smiled.

At the very least, the students gathered around found her pleasant to look at.

Compared to Tang Guo, Wu Lingling was dressed strangely. Her hair, which had been subjected to who-knew-what kind of perm, was hastily tied up with a rubber band, probably because she was afraid of being reprimanded by teachers.

“So Lingling has finally become sensible.” Tang Guo let out a sigh of relief and pulled out her phone.

Under Wu Lingling's incredulous gaze, she actually called Mother Tang.

Though Mother Tang was busy, as long as Tang Guo called, she would answer immediately unless she had no signal or was in a meeting.

It was still early in the morning, before meetings had begun, so the call connected quickly.

“Xiao Guo, did something happen?” Mother Tang asked nervously.

Tang Guo rarely called at this time.

“Nothing, Mom. I just ran into Lingling at the school gate. I think she's become sensible. She said she'll behave from now on and won't spend money recklessly anymore. She also said she won't let you give her money in the future. What Aunt gives her is enough.”

“Really? Lingling said that?” Mother Tang sounded pleasantly surprised.

Tang Guo glanced at Wu Lingling. “Mom, let me put Lingling on the phone so she can tell you herself. She's definitely not lying. She just said it in front of all these students. Besides, she's only in middle school. Lunch, some stationery, and a few accessories—Aunt already gives her fifty yuan a day, which is more than enough. Why don't you ask her yourself?”

When Tang Guo handed her the phone, Wu Lingling froze for a moment.

Feeling the eyes around her, she reluctantly accepted it.

“Aunt.”

“Lingling, is what Xiao Guo said true?”

“Yes, Aunt, it's true.”

Seeing Tang Guo smiling sweetly beside her, Wu Lingling naturally couldn't deny what she had just said.

In fact, her mother didn't even know that Aunt often gave her extra money. Wu Lingling had never planned to tell her, and Aunt wouldn't mention such trivial matters either.

Although her heart was unwilling, she didn't want Tang Guo to look down on her. Like beans spilling from a jar, she rattled on, saying that she didn't need Mother Tang's money and asking her not to give her any more because she had enough.

Mother Tang asked several times, and every time Wu Lingling answered the same way.

Meanwhile, her heart was bleeding.

Mother Tang had always been generous. At the very least, she gave her several hundred yuan a week, and sometimes even several thousand.

Now all of it was gone.

Furiously, Wu Lingling handed the phone back to Tang Guo.

“Cousin, don't think everyone covets your family's stinking money. I don't care about it. Fine, now that I don't spend Aunt's money anymore, you have no right to lecture me.”

“Lingling, I'm very happy you've become sensible.”

The corners of Tang Guo's lips curved upward as she walked away with a smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1