Chapter 1357: The Mermaid Princess (56)

Qiao Chen opened his eyes and, upon seeing Fuya, immediately grabbed her hand. “Fuya, are you still willing to share your life with me?”

“Of course, Qiao Chen. Of course I am.”

“Then let's complete the final ritual right now, alright?”

Fuya nodded repeatedly and was just about to speak when Tang Guo interrupted her.

“Fuya, he doesn't love you.”

“A'Guoguo, I love him.”

System: Host, don't get angry.

“I'm not angry.” Tang Guo lowered her eyes and smiled. “She's merely a mermaid who betrayed her people. Why should I be angry? She just happens to love a scumbag—my enemy, no less. Why would I care about her? Though admittedly, her existence is interfering with my revenge.”

Fuya had already begun performing the secret technique, but Tang Guo interrupted it in an instant.

“A'Guoguo, you have no right to stop Qiao Chen and me from loving each other, and no right to stop us from sharing our lives.”

Smiling, Tang Guo walked over to the two of them and placed a hand over Qiao Chen's heart. No one knew what she had done, but the Divine Heart flew into her hand.

“Fuya, your divine power has already been exhausted, and you no longer possess the Divine Heart. Right now, even your lifespan is shorter than Qiao Chen's.” Her gaze shifted to Qiao Chen. “Now then, do you still want to share your life with Fuya? Your lifespan will decrease, you know.”

“Qiao Chen, then let's not share our lives.” Before Qiao Chen could answer, Fuya spoke first. Hugging him tightly, she said, “It doesn't matter. Without divine power and without the Divine Heart, I still have you. Qiao Chen, as long as I'm alive, I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you.”

Seeing the dark look in Qiao Chen's eyes, Pei Jiang opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something. But thinking of Fuya's stubborn devotion, he ultimately remained silent.

“Since the two of you are so deeply in love, I'll give you a chance. Walk out of this desert yourselves. It's only a desert, after all. It's not impossible to escape. There are plants here that can sustain life, and if you're lucky, you might even stumble upon a water source.”

Fuya raised her head. “A'Guoguo, you're too cruel.”

“Cruel?”

Tang Guo no longer wished to waste words with her. She directly took out a Dream of Yellow Millet pill from the System Space and fed it into Fuya's mouth.

Fuya immediately closed her eyes and embarked on a dream journey.

There, she saw herself in her previous life telling a single lie, which ultimately led to A'Guoguo being cruelly bound in the barren mountains by Qiao Chen and dying of thirst, alive and conscious.

She also saw Qiao Chen at the end of his life, after learning the truth, looking at her with such hatred that he wished he could strangle her to death.

When Fuya opened her eyes again, tears streamed down her face.

“A'Guoguo, I'm sorry. I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions. I'm willing to die to atone for my sins. Please spare Qiao Chen.”

“All of this is my fault. If not for my lie, you never would have suffered something so cruel. I'm the one responsible for all these mistakes, so—”

“Impossible.” Tang Guo cut her off coldly. “Don't think that your one-sided devotion can move me. In my eyes, your infatuation is nothing but a joke. I'm not you. I can't empathize with you, nor can I understand why you love this scumbag.”

“In your eyes, he's perfect. In mine, he's the murderer who killed me. Don't think that just because you love him, because you can forgive him and even atone for him, I have to accept it too. Emotional blackmail doesn't work like that.”

Tang Guo looked down at the two of them from above.

“Enough. Walk out of the desert yourselves. As long as you can leave this place alive, I promise I won't take your lives.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father