Chapter 1349: The Mermaid Princess (48)
Seeing the anticipation in Fuya’s eyes, Qiao Chen’s lips curved upward. “I, of course, am unwilling, Fuya.” The stunned look on her face filled him with immense satisfaction.
“Fuya, you’re too naïve. I’ve never liked you. Not once.”
Before Fuya could react, he picked up the Divine Heart and swallowed it whole. Feeling an overwhelming power surging through his body, he finally laughed sincerely. “Didn’t you say you were willing to give everything for me? Fuya, what I want isn’t your love—I want your Divine Heart.”
“Wasn’t it written in the secret technique?” Qiao Chen said with a smile, watching her still-dazed expression. “If, after the ritual is cast but before the vows are completed, the recipient of the shared life swallows the Divine Heart, then the Divine Heart will merge with that person’s own heart. From that moment on, the Divine Heart becomes part of that person, and all of its divine power belongs to them.”
“Fuya, I asked you this before. You said you were willing to give everything for me. I asked you again just now, and you still said yes. So… I won’t hold back.”
At last, Fuya snapped back to reality. Having already expended herself by performing the ritual, her pale face had now become white as paper.
“Qiao Chen… you’re joking, aren’t you?”
She refused to believe it.
No.
She wouldn’t believe it.
They had been so loving all these years.
She still remembered the time they had passed the trial together, how steadfast Qiao Chen had been.
Otherwise, even with her divine power protecting him, he could never have survived the trial.
“Qiao Chen…”
She wanted to say more, but Qiao Chen interrupted her.
“Fuya, there’s no need to ask anything else. I don’t like you. I don’t love you, and I never intended to spend my life with you. Originally, I had no intention of doing anything to you, but you became too troublesome. Fuya, the only person I’ve ever loved is A’Guoguo.”
“How… how could this be?” Fuya murmured blankly, her eyes filled with confusion. “No… even if you love A’Guoguo, there won’t be any result. Qiao Chen, there won’t be. Even if you possess my Divine Heart and gain all of my powers, you still can’t deal with A’Guoguo. She’s a golden-tailed mermaid. You can’t defeat her.”
“How could I bear to hurt A’Guoguo?” Qiao Chen stood up and looked down at the frail, weakened Fuya. “I only want to stay with her forever and treat her well.”
“Fuya, if not for you, I wouldn’t have missed A’Guoguo, nor would I have misunderstood her. Now that I have a second chance, my eyes and my heart contain only her. As long as I can be with her, I’m willing to pay any price.”
“Fuya, just stay here obediently. Once my wedding with A’Guoguo is over, I’ll let you out.”
“Qiao Chen, you can’t defeat her. You’ll lose your life. She won’t show you mercy. Besides, Yin Yao is by her side. Qiao Chen, you must not provoke Yin Yao. Even if A’Guoguo spares your life for my sake, Yin Yao definitely won’t let you go.”
Qiao Chen turned around, a smile tugging at his lips.
“Fuya, if A’Guoguo and I share our lives, she’ll never be able to leave my side. She’ll belong to me forever and ever. Tell me, what can Yin Yao do to me then? If he kills me, wouldn’t that mean killing A’Guoguo as well? Would he dare?”
At last, realization dawned upon Fuya. Sorrow filled her face.
“You agreed to undergo the trial with me and obtain the life-sharing technique… all for A’Guoguo, didn’t you?”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸