Chapter 1345: The Mermaid Princess (44)
“For now, I don't know what Qiao Chen is trying to do either, but whatever it is, it certainly won't be anything good. We'll just take things one step at a time. I want to see how he courts death. No matter what, it won't end well for him.”
Yin Yao, however, cared little about Qiao Chen's fate. Instead, he tightened his arms around her. “Once this matter is over, we'll return to the sea. A'Guoguo, when we go back, I'll inherit the Sea Emperor's throne. Then you'll be my Sea Empress, and we'll exist together forever.”
Just imagining that scene caused the corners of his usually indifferent lips to curl upward slightly.
His brothers had always mocked him for remaining single at his age.
Who would have thought that he had found the most beautiful mermaid princess in the ocean?
But Tang Guo remained silent, making Yin Yao feel that something was wrong.
“A'Guoguo, do you dislike the title of Sea Empress, or would you rather stay in the human world?”
If his little mermaid didn't like it, then he would stay in the human world with her. He didn't have to inherit the Sea Emperor's throne.
In truth, the position wasn't irreplaceable. His brothers were all exceptionally capable.
“Brother Yao, I'm not from this world,” Tang Guo said seriously. “So I can't stay with you forever.”
Yin Yao's heart sank. “Does that mean once Qiao Chen's matter is settled, you'll leave?”
“No,” Tang Guo denied.
“Then why?” Yin Yao held her even tighter. “If you're not leaving, why can't you stay with me forever?”
“Brother Yao, you're too greedy. There's no such thing as forever.”
“There is if I say there is.” Yin Yao stubbornly insisted. “A'Guoguo, I'm willing to share my life with you. We'll live together and die together.”
A flower-like smile bloomed on Tang Guo's lips. “Brother Yao, three years from now is the day A'Guoguo dies. Starting from today, I only have twenty-three years left in this world.”
Tang Guo had long since grown accustomed to such things, so she spoke lightly and casually.
Though leaving each small world after such brief yet sweet happiness always stirred great waves within her heart, after experiencing it time and again, she had truly become used to it.
But Yin Yao knew nothing of this, and she still chose to tell him.
After all, in this life, he was an exceptionally lovable person.
She didn't want to disappear without warning and leave him without any time to prepare.
Even though she understood that after she left this place, he probably wouldn't be able to survive either.
This fellow was simply too lovable. After traveling through so many worlds, he was the only one willing to die for love.
And because of that, she was willing to remember more things about him.
For example, whenever she entered a new world and encountered him, so long as he hadn't offended or harmed her, and he seemed obedient and adorable enough, she could take the initiative.
She could treat him better.
She could even think of ways to seduce him sooner, sparing him the hardship of waiting.
Among the countless worlds, there were only a handful of people she would remember.
And for someone she liked, someone so very lovable, she would always treat him sincerely, without a trace of deception, loving him with the purest feelings.
Yin Yao also saw it in Tang Guo's eyes.
There was only love.
Nothing else.
“Brother Yao, during these remaining twenty-three years, I'll only love you. I'll love you properly. Don't leave behind regrets, and don't be greedy. Be good, and I can remember you for a little longer.”
At the moment he heard that there were only twenty-three years left, Yin Yao truly felt as though he were breaking apart.
Why?
Why did such beautiful days have to last only twenty-three years?
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸