Chapter 1337: The Mermaid Princess (36)

"I'm really sorry, Senior. I got too excited and splashed water all over you."

"It's fine." Yin Yao let out a slight sigh of relief. He had finally coaxed this cunning fish out of the water.

"Senior, where's the big pool you mentioned?"

"Come with me." Yin Yao was in an unusually good mood. Surely she'd be happy when she saw the enormous swimming pool.

Just as he turned to head downstairs, Tang Guo's voice sounded from behind him.

"Senior, how do you expect me to walk? I don't have legs. Did you forget? I'm a fish."

Yin Yao: "..."

System: This shameless woman. Isn't it obvious she wants a hug? She's taking advantage of him whenever she gets the chance.

Turning around, Yin Yao saw the fish smiling sweetly at him, her beautiful tail swishing back and forth.

Instead of telling her to transform her tail into legs, he walked over and stared deeply into her eyes.

"Little mermaid."

"Senior."

"You're too naughty."

"What are you going to do about it?" Tang Guo smiled, looking up at him expectantly. "Don't tell me you plan to expose my identity and let everyone come stare at me?"

"How could I?" Yin Yao replied immediately.

Even if he died, he would never expose her identity and let everyone admire this beautiful little mermaid.

He stepped closer and bent down, his voice as cold as ever, though lowered to a whisper beside her ear.

"You really don't have legs?"

"Nope."

"Alright."

The moment the word fell, Yin Yao bent over and wrapped an arm around her waist. Leaning close to her ear, he spoke softly.

"Then I'll carry you over. That's what you wanted all along, isn't it?"

"Senior, you're as clever as ever."

Holding her in his arms, he slowly walked downstairs.

"No, I'm not clever at all. Otherwise, I wouldn't have let your bewitching arts muddle my mind and make me do things that even I find strange, yet willingly."

Once they reached the ground floor and stepped outside, Tang Guo paused in surprise.

Because the sight before her resembled the sea itself.

There were ocean rocks, all kinds of beautiful stones from the seabed, and even marine plants and creatures placed within the pool.

The water itself carried the scent of the sea.

Along the edge of the pool were piles upon piles of glittering treasures from the ocean floor. Everything imaginable was there, sparkling so brightly it nearly blinded her. They were stacked everywhere, as though they cost nothing.

"Senior, you're really rich."

"It's not bad." Yin Yao answered. "I can still afford to raise a fish."

System: Ugh… I was just force-fed a bowl of dog food without warning.

"You want to raise me?"

Without even thinking, Yin Yao nodded coolly.

"Of course. I brought all the treasures from my palace. They're yours now. I heard merfolk like beautiful things."

"Actually, I like them too. I used to like these sparkling treasures."

As he lowered her into the pool, his eyes met hers.

"But now…"

"I've found something prettier than treasure."

A mermaid.

He intended to raise this fish.

Even if it bankrupted him, he would still raise her.

All the treasures belonged to her.

Everything was hers.

Tang Guo burst out laughing.

"Senior, you can't abandon me halfway."

"I won't."

Yin Yao's expression became unusually serious.

"I promise I'll raise you for a lifetime."

Thinking of his own existence, as long as his divine power remained, he could live forever.

As long as he lived and she lived, he would continue raising her.

After swimming around in the pool for a while, Tang Guo discovered that even the bottom was paved with precious gems.

For a moment, even she was stunned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 3: I Am Your Father