Chapter 1322: The Mermaid Princess (21)
"Then tell me where A Guoguo lives."
Fuya
pursed her lips, suddenly at a loss for words. She knew how attractive A Guoguo
was, and she also knew that Qiao Chen had fallen in love with her at first
sight. It was just like herself—she had fallen for Qiao Chen the moment she saw
him.
But
A Guoguo didn't like Qiao Chen.
"Qiao
Chen, even if you get A Guoguo's address, it's useless. She doesn't like you.
She possesses noble blood. She won't think much of you." Fuya spoke
bluntly. Since Qiao Chen knew she was a mermaid, he undoubtedly knew A Guoguo's
identity as well, which was why he was asking for her address. A Guoguo had
already made everything perfectly clear to her.
"But
Fuya, right now, all I want is her address. Can you tell me?" Qiao Chen
asked again. Seeing Fuya remain silent, he said, "Looks like you're
unwilling. Then I'll investigate it myself."
Seeing
that Qiao Chen was about to leave, Fuya finally compromised. "Alright,
I'll tell you."
"I'll
go with you."
Qiao
Chen refused immediately. "No. If you're there, I'm afraid A Guoguo will
misunderstand and think there's something between us. Fuya, remember this: I
don't like you. The only person I love is A Guoguo. Forever. I will never like
you."
Satisfied
after seeing the color drain from Fuya's face and watching the pale girl
stagger back a step, Qiao Chen left contentedly.
In
his previous life, she had caused A Guoguo's death. The fact that he wasn't
taking her life now was already an act of mercy.
He
had no intention of wasting time on Fuya. In this life, he wanted to devote all
of his time to treating A Guoguo well and making up for everything he owed her.
Without
another glance, Qiao Chen walked away, completely ignoring the devastated Fuya
behind him, who stood there clutching the box of paper cranes with sorrow
written all over her face.
Fuya
had received far too much love she never deserved in their previous life.
This
time, he would never make the same mistake again.
He
would not become entangled with Fuya. He had returned only for his little
mermaid—to clear up the misunderstandings of the past and never again hurt that
adorable and innocent little mermaid.
Hopefully,
Fuya would know her place. Otherwise, he might not be able to resist returning
all the suffering A Guoguo had endured to her. He would make her experience
what it felt like to be slowly tortured to death by thirst while still alive.
Fuya
took out her phone and called Tang Guo.
"Fuya?"
"A
Guoguo, I told Qiao Chen your address. I'm sorry. I really like him so much
that I couldn't refuse his request."
Tang
Guo let out an irritated laugh. "Then if one day he asked you to die,
would you go and die too?"
"No…"
Fuya
said softly, "He wouldn't be that cruel. Even if he doesn't like me, he
wouldn't want me dead."
"Enough.
So what if he knows my address? He still can't get in. You're calling to
confirm whether I'll see him, aren't you?"
Fuya's
face grew hot. "I…"
"Qiao
Chen isn't qualified to enter my home. Hmph! The farther he stays away, the
better."
Fuya
finally let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, A Guoguo."
"Stop
apologizing to me. Just don't let it happen again. Fuya, remember this. These
are trivial matters, but the merfolk's taboos must never be revealed to him. If
your actions bring trouble upon our people, you'll become the sinner of the
entire merfolk race."
"I
know. I would never tell him. Even if he threatened me by saying he would never
like me, I still wouldn't reveal those things," Fuya hurriedly explained
before pleading softly, "If he offends you later, please don't hit him too
hard."
"We'll
see how I'm feeling."
Tang
Guo hung up the phone.
Not
long afterward, a servant came to report that a young man was waiting outside,
asking to see her.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ