Chapter 1317: The Mermaid Princess (16)

It seemed as though a light shone around Fuya as she smiled softly and said, “I fell in love with him the moment I carried him ashore.”

“Whenever I listened to the love stories of our merfolk elders in the past, I always thought they sounded unbelievable. I never imagined that I would also find the love I had long been waiting for. For him, I am willing to remain in the human world, adapt to human life, and even give up the vast and boundless sea.”

“A Guoguo, this is love. When you meet it someday, you'll understand.”

Tang Guo let out a quiet laugh. “What if he never likes you? Even if he doesn't love you until the day he dies, even if you bare your heart before him and he still doesn't love you, what then? Are you going to spend a hundred years loving him and staying by his side?”

“I've heard humans are easily moved.” Fuya smiled gently. “I don't believe that if I accompany him for a very, very long time, he won't feel anything. A Guoguo, I love him so much. So no matter how long it takes, as long as he's alive, I'll wait for him.”

“Even if he never loves you in the end?”

Fuya's expression dimmed slightly. “Even if he doesn't love me.”

“Even if he loves someone else?”

“Even if he loves someone else…” Her voice softened, carrying a trace of sadness.

“And even if he hurts you?” Tang Guo asked with a smile.

Fuya froze for a moment. “A Guoguo, I'm a mermaid. He's just an ordinary human. I could kill him with a finger. He can't hurt me.”

“You love him, but he loves someone else. Wouldn't that hurt you?”

“And merfolk aren't without weaknesses. Can you guarantee that he would never use your weakness to hurt you?”

Fuya frowned, somewhat angry. “A Guoguo, Qiao Chen isn't that kind of person. How could he hurt me? I love him so much.”

“What if that day really comes?”

Fuya looked lost for an instant. “I… I don't know. I only know that I really love him.”

“A Guoguo, isn't love supposed to be beautiful and selfless?”

Tang Guo smiled. “Love is beautiful, and it does require giving. But only when both people love each other can it bring happiness.”

“A Guoguo, what would you do if you fell in love with someone who didn't love you?” Fuya pressed on. She refused to believe A Guoguo would think differently.

“What else could I do?” Tang Guo raised her chin slightly. “Either I'd take him for myself and make him love me, or I'd give up. Things that are forced aren't enjoyable.”

When they parted, Fuya still seemed somewhat bewildered.

But the moment she caught sight of Qiao Chen, all her confusion disappeared.

She loved Qiao Chen.

No matter what happened, she still loved him.

System couldn't help asking, “Host, why did you tell her all that?”

“Because I don't want to get too involved with her,” Tang Guo answered, happily taking a bite of her ice cream. “Especially not in the mess between her and Qiao Chen. With Qiao Chen's personality, if he can't get close to me, he'll definitely use Fuya.”

She grinned.

“Now that I'm a mermaid, I can eat as much ice cream as I want.”

System: Heh. This dog of a host… does she really love ice cream that much?

Tang Guo chuckled. “Let me make this clear first. One day, when Qiao Chen starts using Fuya, she'll quickly realize that he's only trying to get close to me through her. And all I have to do is remain lofty and cold, completely ignore Qiao Chen, and Fuya won't drag me into it. Then the two of them can spend their days tangled up in their own love-and-hate drama.”

System: Drama! Somebody please come and take this villainess away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1