Chapter 1315: The Mermaid Princess (14)
“Where?” Fuya turned her head and saw Tang Guo standing three meters away. Her eyes widened. “A Guoguo?”
“Fuya, long time no see. Father told me you're studying here too, but I only transferred in today and haven't had the chance to tell you yet.”
Fuya was stunned. “You're the transfer student?”
“What is it, Fuya?” Tang Guo walked up to her and asked with a smile. “Is there a problem?”
Fuya's expression changed slightly.
If A Guoguo was the transfer student, then it was only natural that Qiao Chen would treat her differently.
After all, among female mermaids, A Guoguo was the most beautiful, possessed the highest rank, and had the noblest bloodline.
“Fuya, you two know each other?” Jiang Zhiwei asked.
Fuya nodded and said softly, “Zhiwei, I need to talk to A Guoguo alone. Why don't you go eat first? I'll come find you later.”
Although Jiang Zhiwei was dying to know what the two wanted to discuss, seeing Fuya's troubled expression, she didn't dare offend her and could only leave reluctantly.
Once Jiang Zhiwei was gone, the two girls moved behind the tree.
Fuya looked at Tang Guo, hesitating for a long time before finally saying, “A Guoguo, Qiao Chen is the human I rescued. I really like him.”
“I heard people say that he confessed to you today.” Her eyes reddened slightly. “I feel awful, A Guoguo. Do you like him?”
“I don't know why, but no matter how hard I try, I can never get close to him. He always seems so distant and unwilling to approach me.”
“Fuya, you're overthinking things. Why would I like such a low-blooded human?” Tang Guo curled her lips disdainfully, looking as proud and arrogant as ever. “I think that Qiao Chen is simply ridiculous. He came over and insisted on getting to know me, just like all those previous admirers. And he's just a low-blooded human. I'm so noble and beautiful—does he even deserve me?”
Fuya blinked.
“…”
System: Host's nose is practically pointing at the sky.
“A Guoguo, you really don't like Qiao Chen?”
Tang Guo raised her chin. “If I liked him, would I have rejected him? Would I have called him low-blooded? Besides, do you really think a golden-tailed mermaid would choose a human with a mere hundred-year lifespan as a mate? If I marry, I'll marry someone from the strongest and noblest race in the Sea Clan.”
“A Guoguo,” Fuya reminded weakly, “among merfolk of marriageable age with the highest bloodlines, only our brother Archie qualifies. But you two are impossible. Father said that blood relatives are forbidden from being together. That's human ethics. Such unions are bad and could produce an extremely stupid child.”
System: Hahahahahaha—
“But there are other Sea Clans.” After thinking for a moment, Fuya added, “If you really want a high-ranking and noble mate, you should show yourself at the next Sea Clan Assembly. You're so beautiful and noble, you'll definitely attract many outstanding suitors.”
“And if you could attract a Silver Dragon…” Fuya's eyes sparkled. “That would be perfect. In terms of race and bloodline, the Silver Dragon Clan is the noblest among all Sea Clans.”
Tang Guo: “…”
System: Teehee.
“So, A Guoguo,” Fuya asked expectantly, “you really don't have any feelings for Qiao Chen?”
“I don't.”
Tang Guo pursed her lips and smiled.
“But because I'm so noble and beautiful, he seems to have fallen for me a little.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸