Chapter 1308: The Mermaid Princess (7)
While Tang Guo was happily playing in the sea, Fuya had already arrived in the human world. Through much effort, she finally found Qiao Chen and successfully enrolled in the same school as him, becoming a high school student.
Qiao Chen was the prince charming of the campus, and after Fuya transferred into the school, the boys were instantly captivated by her breathtaking beauty. Before long, she became the school's goddess, worshipped by countless admirers.
Fuya never hid her feelings for Qiao Chen. Everyone in the school knew that the person she liked was him.
Though countless hearts shattered into pieces, seeing that the goddess's beloved was equally outstanding, the boys could only choose to offer their blessings.
Fuya was cheerful and generous, quickly making many friends. They all helped her think of ways to win over the aloof and untouchable Qiao Chen.
But Qiao Chen always seemed busy and barely paid any attention to her.
Every day after school, he would leave in a hurry and even warned Fuya not to follow him.
Obediently, she never did.
She had no idea that every day after classes, Qiao Chen would head straight to the seaside.
Standing before the endless ocean, he would stare into the distance and murmur softly,
“My little golden mermaid, where are you? Why haven't you come yet?”
“I'm waiting for you, my little mermaid. This time, I will believe your words. I won't trust Fuya again. I'm sorry. I won't hurt you anymore.”
Qiao Chen had been reborn.
In his previous life, he and Fuya had spent a loving lifetime together. His lifespan was less than a century, and with the assistance of Fuya's divine power, he had managed to live into his nineties.
Until his dying breath, he had thought his life perfect.
Because he believed he had lived without regrets.
But at the very end, Fuya revealed the truth.
She told him that the person who had saved him back then wasn't her.
It had been A Guoguo, the mermaid with the golden tail.
Rather than dying peacefully of old age, it would be more accurate to say that he was angered to death by that revelation.
With his final breath, he had asked, “Fuya, why did you lie to me?”
“Qiao Chen, I love you. I love you too much. Even now, with your hair white and your body old, I still love you. I am powerless against the end of your life. If I could, I would gladly share my lifespan with you. Qiao Chen, I only hid the truth because I loved you too much.”
After hearing those words, he died.
He died filled with endless regret and remorse, unable to close his eyes in peace.
Only then did he learn that the one who had truly saved him had been that beautiful little mermaid with the golden tail.
Not Fuya.
He remembered how, time and time again, she had tried to explain herself, yet he had never listened.
He had even believed that she only wanted to destroy his relationship with Fuya.
All he had ever felt for her was disgust.
And in the end, because he thought Fuya's sorrow had been caused by that lying, hypocritical, vicious mermaid, he had extracted A Guoguo's weakness from Fuya.
Then he tricked her into following him to a barren mountain devoid of water.
Pretending that he was finally willing to hear her explanation, he patiently waited.
Three or four days later, after dehydration had weakened her divine power to the point where she could no longer resist, he chained her to a tree.
And then he left.
The outcome, naturally, was that she slowly died of thirst.
At the time, he had thought to himself—
At last, no one would come between him and Fuya ever again.
Back then, he had been so resolute when he abandoned her on that desolate mountain, chaining her to that tree.
Now, he regretted it just as deeply.
Back then, the satisfaction he had felt from his actions had been immense.
Now, whenever he recalled the events of his previous life, the pain in his heart became unbearable.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ