Chapter 1305: The Mermaid Princess (4)
The next day, Tang Guo saw Fuya dressed in a blue dress.
The moment she spotted her, Fuya hurried over and grabbed her hand. “A Guoguo, I have a secret to tell you.”
“What secret?” Tang Guo asked curiously.
With a mysterious expression, Fuya leaned close to her ear and whispered softly, “Yesterday, I went ashore to play—the place you always visit—and I saw a very handsome human. But he seemed to be sick.”
Tang Guo: “…”
No way?
System: That really is quite a coincidence.
“And then?” Tang Guo asked.
Fuya happily swished her blue tail and said, “I carried him ashore and even found medicine to feed him. But this human has a terrible temper. As soon as he woke up, he only glanced at me before running away. So strange. I wonder if I frightened him. Humans probably can't accept mermaids, after all. I was so absorbed in looking at his face that I forgot to hide my tail.”
Noticing the blush on Fuya's face, Tang Guo asked softly, “You like this human?”
“Mhm.” Happiness curved Fuya's lips. “I like him. I liked him the moment I first saw him. So I've already decided—I'm going to the human world to find him.”
“Humans and merfolk are different, Fuya.”
“I once read a book,” Fuya said as though possessed, her mind filled entirely with the handsome young man's face. “It said that love knows no boundaries. It isn't limited by gender or age, and naturally, it isn't limited by race either. He must have been frightened by me that day, which is why he left in such a hurry. I'll appear before him with a new image, and he'll definitely change his opinion of me.”
Tang Guo had already picked up on something. Qiao Chen's reaction seemed just a little... off.
“Alright, A Guoguo, I won't keep talking. I need to tell Father and Mother. I'm definitely going to the human world to find my human prince.”
With her blue tail swaying behind her, Fuya swam off to find the King of the Merfolk. Tang Guo didn't call her back.
She had already guessed that the problem lay with Qiao Chen.
So had Qiao Chen been reborn, or had someone transmigrated into his body?
If it was the latter, then she wouldn't interfere.
But if he had been reborn, then this debt really needed to be settled properly.
Because if he had been reborn, that would prove beyond doubt that Qiao Chen was the genuine fish murderer.
Such a person deserved no chance for redemption.
After all, he had already committed the crime once.
As for Fuya, if she insisted on throwing herself into the situation, Tang Guo had no intention of stopping her.
The original A Guoguo had never wanted to steal Qiao Chen away. She merely wanted to prove one thing. Yet because of Fuya's selfishness, she had ultimately revealed the merfolk's secret to Qiao Chen, causing the original host to die by his hands.
Therefore, Fuya was an accomplice to fish murder.
And if she insisted on delivering herself into Qiao Chen's hands, and if Qiao Chen truly had been reborn and had learned who his real savior was—
Then he would definitely be disgusted by Fuya.
As for what sort of ending awaited them...
That depended on what kind of fierce sparks one human and one fish would produce.
They could love and kill each other all they wanted.
System: This wicked woman of a host... where is that man? Why hasn't he come to take her away already?
When Fuya told the King of the Merfolk that she wanted to go to the human world, she wasn't stopped.
In fact, the King encouraged merfolk to live among humans and learn about their customs and way of life.
After giving his approval, he merely reminded Fuya to be careful, not to trust humans too easily, and if anything dangerous happened, to remember to call for her fellow merfolk.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ