Chapter 1292: The Fool’s Daughter (71)
Tang Mengmeng sneered, “These days, insurance salesmen are the biggest liars around. Cousin Xiaoguo, your taste and your luck really aren't that great.”
“My luck really isn't that great,” Tang Guo replied calmly. “Otherwise, how would I have ended up with a bunch of shameless relatives like you, always borrowing money and refusing to pay it back?” Since all pretenses had already been torn away, she had no intention of swallowing her anger. “Why are you still standing here showing off? You'd be better off going home and preparing the money. It's time to repay your debts. Don't tell me you're planning to get sued again over a mere hundred thousand yuan. That would be interesting.”
“You—!”
Yuan Shuo was unhappy.
Someone was actually bullying his girlfriend right in front of him.
Remembering the gift he had brought today, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. Opening it revealed a huge diamond ring. Without another word, and right in front of Tang Mengmeng, he swiftly slipped it onto Tang Guo's finger.
“It looks beautiful. It suits you perfectly.” Holding her slender hand, Yuan Shuo lowered his head and kissed the back of it. “Xiaoguo, you're so beautiful. This diamond ring suits you so well. Do you like it?”
“If it's from Brother Shuo, I like everything.”
“There are plenty more at home. Whatever kind of diamond ring you like, you can pick one and have it made into a ring, a brooch, a hairpin, or even a necklace.”
“Wouldn't it be inappropriate to keep using Auntie's things?”
“This diamond isn't from my mother. I asked one of my father's friends to bring back quite a few diamonds from South Africa. They're all yours.”
Tang Mengmeng's eyes widened.
She had some eye for jewelry, enough to know that the diamond was genuine.
And so huge.
That really was the size of a pigeon egg, wasn't it?
And he had said there were many more?
Wasn't this man just an insurance salesman? Buying one wasn't impossible, but claiming to have a lot more had to be bragging.
As if determined to shatter Tang Mengmeng's dreams, Yuan Shuo took out a black business card with gold embossing and handed it to her.
“I am indeed in the insurance business. Here's my card. If you ever need anything, feel free to contact me. My company offers many plans, so there's bound to be one that suits you. However, considering how rude you were to Xiaoguo just now, and how unhappy you've made me, I won't be giving you any discounts.”
System: Pfft—
No discounts, but business was business. Money still had to be earned.
The moment Tang Mengmeng saw the card itself, she knew it wasn't ordinary.
And when she noticed the title printed on it, she completely lost her voice. Her face turned green, then white.
By the time she came back to her senses, Yuan Shuo had already taken Tang Guo back to their car.
Tang Lide and Song Jinghua had also been escorted by Yuan Shuo's driver into another vehicle.
“Brother Shuo, you're really something. Tang Mengmeng was practically driven to tears by you. Is this how you usually treat girls? No wonder you've been single for so long.”
“Xiaoguo, you're mistaken. I'm not single anymore. Don't I already have a girlfriend? Isn't she sitting right beside me?”
Tang Guo burst out laughing and raised her hand, admiring the enormous pigeon-egg-sized diamond ring.
“It's so beautiful.”
“As long as you like it, that's all that matters.”
“Brother Shuo, you're really good at making people happy.”
“You're my girlfriend, of course I have to pamper you properly. I still need to coax you into marrying me.”
“So you're saying that after we get married, you won't have to spoil me anymore?”
“No, no, no!” Yuan Shuo hurriedly denied it. “After marriage, I'll have to work even harder to spoil you. Making you happy is my greatest goal.”
“Brother Shuo, your mouth is sweet.”
“Only when I'm with you.”
Yuan Shuo leaned closer to Tang Guo, his gaze becoming serious.
“Xiaoguo, can I kiss you?”
“Of course. But can you tell me why you want to kiss me?”
“You look so sweet.”
“I really want to have a taste.”
System: Retreating. Retreating immediately.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸