Chapter 1290: The Fool’s Daughter (69)
Tang Liping, Liu Chunyue, Old Madam Song, and the others had never imagined that one day they would receive court summonses.
They had actually been sued?
And the plaintiffs were Tang Guo, Tang Lide, and Song Jinghua.
That very day, Tang Lide and Song Jinghua's phones were flooded with calls.
At first, the two had wondered whether they were being too heartless.
But after being bombarded over the phone with a torrent of curses from these people, they simply replied, “If you repay the money, then this matter can end here. Taking things to court doesn't look good, but our family has no choice. If you pay now, we won't charge interest. Once it goes to court, interest will be added.”
Neither of them wavered in the slightest because of the other party's terrible attitude.
Listening to the voices of relatives they had once held dear calling them ingrates, accusing them of lacking loyalty and being cold-hearted, they went from feeling hurt at first to becoming strangely numb.
“Let's just leave this matter to Xiaoguo,” Song Jinghua said wearily. “We won't interfere anymore.”
“It's meaningless. Truly meaningless.”
Among all of Old Madam Song's children, she could be said to have been the most filial. She always thought of her mother whenever she had anything, yet just now Old Madam Song had cursed her for being unfilial and ungrateful, hurling all sorts of vicious insults that left her heart aching.
Especially that one sentence—
If I'd known things would turn out like this, I should've thrown you away and only raised your elder sister and younger brother.
Only today did Song Jinghua learn that because her second child had been a daughter, Old Madam Song had once considered abandoning her.
No wonder her mother had always favored her elder sister and younger brother while treating her so harshly.
Finally, the day arrived when the defendants and plaintiffs met face to face.
Old Madam Song and Liu Chunyue led the charge, hurling abuse at Song Jinghua and Tang Lide the moment they saw them.
Most of the shouting came from those two women, while the men stood by with dark expressions.
Tang Liping and Tang Lixing also arrived at the courthouse.
“You ungrateful bastard!” Tang Liping shouted. “Back then, I—”
“Big Brother,” Tang Lide interrupted, “you supported me for one year back then. Over the decades, I've repaid that debt countless times.”
Tang Liping was left speechless.
“Second Brother, are you really going to destroy our brotherhood?” Tang Lixing asked.
Tang Lide laughed mockingly.
“Third Brother, haven't I always taken care of you? Our parents died early. From high school all the way through university, wasn't it me who supported you? Didn't I help you buy your house? And that car of yours wasn't cheap, was it? So why can't you repay a mere hundred thousand yuan?”
Tang Lixing's expression darkened, and he said no more.
“Unfilial daughter! You unfilial daughter!” Old Madam Song cried miserably, tears and snot running down her face. “How could I have given birth to a daughter like you? If I'd known this day would come, I should've thrown that worthless girl into a cesspit and drowned her when she was born!”
Tang Mengmeng walked up to Tang Guo and let out a cold snort.
“Cousin, you're sowing discord and ruining the bonds within our family. You're heartless, ungrateful, and cold-blooded. You're really something, aren't you? You actually persuaded Second Uncle and Second Aunt to sue all of us. Now everyone knows about our family's affairs. Don't you feel ashamed?”
“Not at all.” Tang Guo smiled.
“I'm not the one refusing to repay debts. I'm not the one acting like a deadbeat. Why should I feel ashamed?”
“I'm simply exercising my rights and using legal means to recover property that belongs to our family. If word gets out, people will only think that all of you are shameless. They'll pity our family for having such outrageous relatives.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸