Chapter 1289: The Fool’s Daughter (68)
Living in the best place, with people attending to their every need, dressed well and eating well, yet abandoned by everyone they had once cherished.
Perhaps that was the greatest punishment of all.
The thing the two of them valued most in life was affection and loyalty.
They had already lost the bonds of siblings, parents, friends, and colleagues.
Now, they would have to lose the affection of their own child as well.
Tragic and lamentable.
When Tang Guo came to the hospital after work, she found the couple wearing troubled expressions. After asking what had happened, the two looked at her expectantly and explained everything, admitting that they feared they would never be able to recover the money they had lent out.
“Dad, Mom, if you've truly made up your minds to get that money back, then I can help you recover it.”
The money had to be taken back. There was no reason to let those people continue benefiting from it.
“Xiaoguo, you have a way?”
“Yes.” Tang Guo raised an eyebrow and smiled faintly. “The question is whether the two of you can really harden your hearts. What I'm going to do will completely destroy your relationships with them. Are you prepared for that?”
The couple hesitated before asking, “What do we do?”
“Sue them. Use legal means to reclaim our property. If they refuse to pay, the court can take compulsory measures and seize their houses to cover the debts. Don't worry, I'll hire the best lawyers for you and make sure we win. Then I'll hire a couple of debt collectors to help recover the money.”
Both of them were startled.
Did things really have to escalate that far?
“You can think it over slowly.”
Tang Guo left.
The two sank into hesitation, but the two aunties beside them could no longer bear watching.
“What are you hesitating for? Agree to it! Those people don't care about you at all. Your relationship with them is practically severed already. Embarrassed? Wasn't it embarrassing enough when you were living in a park and scavenging garbage? Not one of them helped you then. If your daughter hadn't found you, you would've died in that park and your corpses would have been left out in the open. That would've been truly shameful, with people talking and laughing about you every day.”
The next day, the couple handed every single IOU to Tang Guo and told her that they were entrusting everything to her.
“What is this?”
Yuan Shuo looked curiously at the old iron box in Tang Guo's arms. It was the kind that used to hold candy, its paint already faded.
“IOUs.” Tang Guo opened the box and smiled. “Those two suckers lent money to people all these years, and these are the promissory notes they received in return.”
Yuan Shuo: “……”
“How did they end up giving them to you?”
“They've finally decided to collect their debts, but they don't seem capable of doing it themselves. I told them I could get the money back, so they handed everything over.” Tang Guo smiled. “Let's treat this money as their retirement home expenses. No reason to let those scumbags profit from it.”
“Brother Shuo, do you know any lawyers?”
“I do.” Yuan Shuo nodded. “Planning to file lawsuits?”
“Of course. Aren't they all obsessed with saving face? Then I'll tear off their masks in public and expose them for everyone to see. Let everyone know what kind of people they really are. Those hypocrites actually think they'll live happily ever after? Dream on. Their good days are still ahead of them.”
“Then I'll help you find a few lawyers who are highly competent and only care about money.”
Tang Guo burst out laughing. “Brother Shuo, you really understand me.”
Actually, she thought it would've been even better if this man personally handled it, but in this life, he wasn't a lawyer.
Yuan Shuo looked slightly embarrassed. “Helping my girlfriend is only natural, isn't it? Whenever you need them, I'll contact them immediately.”
“Mhm, the sooner the better. I want to settle this matter as quickly as possible. We already have all the evidence. The main goal is simple.”
“To get the money back.”
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸