Chapter 1277: The Fool’s Daughter (56)

Tang Guo placed her hand in his palm, and the two of them danced together right there in the milk tea shop.

The customers gathered outside and even the shop employees wore smiles filled with blessings for the couple.

When they left the shop, Yuan Shuo held Tang Guo's small hand tightly in his own, as if afraid she would somehow slip away.

Only after helping her into the car did he finally let out a sigh of relief.

This woman was his now.

Thinking that, the corners of Yuan Shuo's lips curved upward, his eyes brimming with happiness.

“Brother Shuo, you were so nervous just now.”

“Yes,” he admitted honestly. “I was nervous. It all felt a bit unreal. Even walking outside, I kept worrying someone would steal you away.”

“If I don't want to leave, who could possibly steal me?”

Yuan Shuo stretched out his arms and hugged her tightly. Tang Guo could clearly hear the violent beating of his heart.

Only after a full minute did he release her.

Then he solemnly declared, “Tomorrow, I'll go back and get all your insurance policies sorted out.”

Tang Guo: “…”

The system nearly died of laughter.

Young man, aren't you afraid you'll become single again saying things like that?

“Brother Shuo, you're certainly thoughtful.”

“I own an insurance company, a clothing company, and an electronics company. In every major city, there are more than a dozen stores, plus several other investments. Honestly, I haven't even counted how many,” Yuan Shuo said, revealing his entire fortune as though listing treasures. “As for my parents' assets, I don't really know, and I don't particularly care. I can earn my own money, and I don't think I'll do worse than my father. Whatever they want to do with their property is up to them. But everything I own in the future… belongs to you.”

Yuan Shuo silently vowed to himself that he had to work harder.

There was absolutely no way he'd lose to his father.

Spoiling his wife?

Did they think he couldn't do that?

He simply hadn't had anyone to spoil before.

The system sighed.

Strange way of thinking aside, this really was exactly the type the Host liked.

After driving Tang Guo to the entrance of her apartment complex, Yuan Shuo gazed at her with extreme reluctance, like an abandoned puppy, staring pitifully at her.

Tang Guo gave him a hug and took out the small box she had prepared earlier.

“This is my greeting gift for Auntie. Thank her for the pink diamond—I love it.”

“See you tomorrow, Brother Shuo.”

“See you tomorrow, Xiaoguo.”

Still, Yuan Shuo didn't leave.

Only after Tang Guo's figure disappeared completely from sight did he finally drive away.

And just one minute after parting, it already felt as though an eternity had passed.

The moment Mother Yuan heard that Tang Guo had sent her a gift, she snatched the little box from Yuan Shuo's hand.

The instant she opened it, she was stunned.

“Wow! A ruby as big as a pigeon egg! It's huge!”

“A ruby? And such a large one!”

Even Yuan Shuo was shocked.

Judging by its color and clarity, the ruby was priceless. Under the lights, there wasn't a single flaw visible.

Mother Yuan stared at the gem and immediately became upset.

“Son, I was too stingy! I only gave her a tiny pink diamond. When are you bringing that girl home? I'm taking her into my room so she can pick out whatever jewelry she likes.”

“Wait a minute.” Mother Yuan blinked. “Didn't you say she came from an ordinary family?”

Yuan Shuo paused briefly before remembering that the woman he had fallen for was anything but ordinary.

“Xiaoguo comes from an ordinary family,” he said with a smile, “but she's not an ordinary person.”

Mother Yuan wasn't someone who cared about status. In fact, she had already thought as much. A girl capable of capturing her son's heart could never be an average young woman.

“Then this girl is truly remarkable.”

“She's incredibly talented at investing in stocks.” After knowing Tang Guo for so long, Yuan Shuo naturally talked about her with his mother. “She has exceptional vision. Honestly, I think that if she wanted to, she could succeed at anything.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1