Chapter 1273: The Fool’s Daughter (52)

“You generously lent out your savings to other people, yet when your own daughter wanted to buy a two-hundred-thousand-yuan car, I had to borrow money myself. Whenever guests come to the house, you prepare lavish meals for them. I give several thousand yuan every month for household expenses, but all I ever get is whatever simple food happens to be there.”

“Why make such a fuss over your own family?” Tang Lide's expression stiffened with embarrassment. “Xiaoguo, things are serious now. If we don't have money, even the house your mother and I bought won't be ours anymore.”

“Dad, I can't do anything either. I only finished paying off my debts recently, and business hasn't been good at the company this year. I don't have any money.”

“You should at least be able to come up with something, right?”

“I can't.”

Tang Guo curved her lips into a smile. “Why don't you just sell the house and repay the debt? Renting a place is the same thing. I've been living outside for several months now, and honestly, freedom feels pretty good.”

Only then did Tang Lide remember that Tang Guo hadn't lived at home for a long time and had been renting elsewhere.

With her salary, she really couldn't have much money left.

Song Jinghua wasn't seriously ill. She had simply been angered into collapsing.

Tang Guo brought nothing except some fruit that looked presentable.

Many people came to visit Song Jinghua, but most of them merely left a bag of fruit, some gifts, or flowers, exchanged a few polite words, and hurried away.

Not a single member of the Song family showed up. They had only called to offer their condolences, claiming they were too busy to come.

As Tang Guo was about to leave, Tang Lide quickly stopped her.

“Xiaoguo, you're leaving already? If you leave, what about your mother?”

“Isn't Dad here?” Tang Guo smiled. “Dad, you're the one who made Mom so angry. Shouldn't you be taking good care of her?”

“You're our daughter. You should stay and take care of your mother too.” Tang Lide's face darkened. “It's a child's duty to care for their parents when they're sick.”

“Dad, if I stay here and look after Mom, I'll lose my job. I don't have parents who plan for my future. Everything I own has to be earned by myself. You don't need to worry about food, though. If you don't have time or money to eat when it's time, I can order takeout for you online.”

Tang Guo left with a smile.

Tang Lide stood there speechless.

“Jinghua, Xiaoguo is really too immature.”

Song Jinghua lay silently on the hospital bed without speaking.

“Jinghua, don't be upset. I'll find a solution.”

“We won't lose our house.”

Song Jinghua finally turned her eyes toward him.

“Borrow from your elder brother? Is he willing?”

Tang Lide fell silent.

After a long while, he said, “Then how about borrowing some money from your family?”

“My younger brother just bought a house. My sister still has two children in school. They're both at the stage where they need money. Where do you expect me to borrow from?”

“Didn't Big Brother say your old family house is going to be demolished soon? Once the compensation comes, there should be some money. Why not borrow some from Mom first and pay it back after we recover?”

“Demolition?” Song Jinghua blinked. “When did that happen?”

“You don't know?”

“How would I know?”

She stared at him in surprise.

Then, suddenly, her expression changed.

“What is it, Jinghua?”

Song Jinghua's heart was already in turmoil.

Taking out her phone, she dialed Old Madam Song.

“Jinghua? What's the matter? I heard you were hospitalized. Are you feeling better?”

“I'm fine now.” Song Jinghua's voice had turned somewhat cold. “Mom, I urgently need money right now. Can you lend me some?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1