Chapter 1272: The Fool’s Daughter (51)

“Mengmeng is my daughter, and I have a wife too. I can't destroy our little family just to help you, can I? If I really did that, I'd be failing both my wife and my daughter. We've only just managed to build the life we have today. Second Brother, one million yuan is simply too much. Who can casually come up with that kind of money?

“Mengmeng is my only daughter. In the future, I still have to buy her a house in full before she gets married so she won't be taken advantage of. Second Brother, I'm sorry. Why don't you ask Big Brother? You've helped him so much. Even if he had to sell everything he owns, he'd definitely help you repay the debt.”

Tang Lide returned home numbly. The aroma of delicious dishes filled the air, but he had no appetite whatsoever.

Sitting on the sofa, he muttered to himself, “How did things turn out like this?”

Seeing that, Tang Guo turned off the system's surveillance screen.

The system, however, was watching with immense satisfaction.

Wasn't Tang Lide capable?

Didn't he always say family members had to help each other no matter what? Weren't brothers supposed to support one another? Even if his own family had to suffer, wasn't he always insisting on helping others?

Well, now karma had arrived.

Look carefully.

Would those people whom he had supported with all his heart help him now that he needed help?

Whether anyone else enjoyed it or not, the system certainly did.

From now on, it was finally time for the Host to deal with these极品 relatives. It had been holding its frustrations in for a very long time.

Over the past two days, Tang Lide had sought help from countless people.

Some were relatives, some were colleagues. Without exception, every single one of them had been someone he'd once gone out of his way to help.

The most conscientious among them lent him five thousand yuan.

A few others sent him red envelopes containing two hundred yuan and apologized, saying the amount he needed was too large.

No one believed they should tear apart their own small families just to perform charity for someone they merely knew well.

Even if that person had once helped them, they didn't think repaying him at such a cost was necessary.

After scraping together money for three days, Tang Lide had managed to gather just ten thousand yuan.

Looking at the transfer records on his phone, his eyes grew red.

A few days later, Song Jinghua learned everything.

Given Tang Lide's current situation, there was no way he could repay the loan sharks. Naturally, they eventually called Song Jinghua.

Originally, they had planned to contact Tang Guo as well, but no matter how many times they tried, they couldn't reach her, so they gave up.

When Song Jinghua learned that Tang Lide had mortgaged the house and borrowed money from loan sharks, she fainted on the spot in anger.

Only after Song Jinghua was hospitalized did Tang Lide think of calling Tang Guo.

When Tang Guo arrived at the hospital, Tang Lide grabbed her immediately.

“Xiaoguo, do you have any money?”

“Dad, why are you asking that?” Tang Guo asked with a smile.

“Do you have any? However much you have, lend it to me first.”

The corners of Tang Guo's lips curved slightly upward.

“Didn't you teach me that adults shouldn't casually borrow money? Even though I'm your daughter, once I've become an adult, I shouldn't randomly ask you for money. When I bought my car, I borrowed money myself, remember? Dad, you said that adults have to learn to solve their own problems.”

“Xiaoguo, you're too heartless!” Tang Lide burst out. “Other people treating me coldly is one thing, but you're my daughter. How can you treat me like this too?”

“Dad, I have an obligation to support you in your old age, but I have no obligation to pay your debts.”

Then she smiled softly and asked,

“Besides, Dad… you're my father. Why is it that you've always been so warm and wholehearted toward everyone else?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1