Chapter 1267: The Fool’s Daughter (46)

Secretary Chen quickly nodded and rummaged through the papers on his desk until he found a document that had originally been scheduled to be delivered to Yuan Shuo anyway. Following his usual routine, he knocked on the door and gently pushed it open, only to discover that it seemed to be locked.

“President Yuan?”

What are you locking the door for? What kind of food requires eating behind closed doors? Let us have a look too.

Inside, Yuan Shuo was enjoying his breakfast with great satisfaction. Hearing the knock and Secretary Chen's voice, he hurriedly swallowed the food in his mouth and put on a serious tone.

“What is it?”

“A document, President Yuan. Would you like to review it now?”

Yuan Shuo glanced at the delicious breakfast laid out before him.

Review documents?

How could he possibly neglect such wonderful food—food personally prepared by the woman he liked—for the sake of work?

“No.”

Checking his watch, he said, “Bring it back at nine-thirty.”

“President Yuan, the meeting starts at ten. We'll need these documents then. I think it'd be better if you looked through them earlier. There are quite a lot of pages.”

“Nine-thirty. I'll skim through it then.”

Secretary Chen was speechless.

Fair enough.

Their president really did possess the frightening ability to glance at a page and finish reading it in mere seconds.

“Then… I'll bring it in again at nine-thirty?”

“Mhm.”

Staring at the food in front of him, Yuan Shuo suddenly felt that the usually capable Secretary Chen was extraordinarily annoying.

“Before nine-thirty, no one is allowed to disturb me. Whoever interrupts me for one minute will work an extra hour overtime.”

Secretary Chen fell silent.

“Understood, President Yuan. I'll notify everyone.”

He felt somewhat miserable inside.

Just what kind of delicacy was President Yuan eating that it was more important than company documents? What sort of mountain-and-sea delicacies could possibly warrant this?

“Well? What happened?”

Everyone crowded around when Secretary Chen returned.

Lowering his voice, Secretary Chen shook his head.

“President Yuan locked the door. I have no idea what he's secretly eating inside. Even such an important document has been postponed until nine-thirty. And he said that no one is allowed to disturb him before then. Whoever interrupts him for one minute will work an extra hour overtime today.”

Soon, Secretary Chen forwarded the announcement to the company group chat.

The entire company learned that disturbing President Yuan today was forbidden.

At the same time, rumors spread like wildfire. Everyone was discussing what delicious food their president was secretly enjoying behind locked doors.

Yuan Shuo spent a full half hour eating breakfast. In the end, he stared at the spotless insulated lunch box with a hint of regret.

He had never imagined that Tang Guo's cooking would be so delicious.

He had always been picky about food. Praising her cooking wasn't because he was blinded by affection—he genuinely found it exquisite.

Suddenly, he found himself looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Would there be breakfast again?

After washing the lunch box until it was spotless, he returned it to Tang Guo when they happened to meet that afternoon.

The next morning, when he saw her carrying the insulated container once again, the smile on his lips became impossible to suppress.

The food inside must have been prepared for him.

“Brother Shuo, you've been giving me rides every day. I feel embarrassed about it. How about this? From now on, I'll make breakfast for two and bring you a portion. What do you think?”

Good. Wonderful.

Of course it was wonderful.

In the future, he wouldn't need to think up excuses for accidental encounters anymore.

He could come pick her up openly and honestly.

“Then I'm the one taking advantage,” Yuan Shuo said. “Xiaoguo, your breakfasts are really delicious.”

They were even better than the dishes served at private restaurants.

“I'm glad they suit your taste.” Tang Guo smiled sweetly. “If there's anything in particular you'd like for breakfast, just tell me in advance.”

“Anything you make is delicious. I like everything. I'm not picky.”

Very easy to feed.

Truly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1