Chapter 1264: The Fool’s Daughter (43)

“But the money is mine. You have no right to decide for me.”

“Xiaoguo, you're too cold-hearted,” Tang Lide said.

Tang Guo smiled. “That's right. I'm rather cold-hearted. Because only by being colder and a little more selfish can one live better.”

“Enough, let's stop talking about this. All I want is a home of my own. As for your money, I don't want a single cent of it. And of course, Mom and Dad, you don't need to worry about your retirement. I'll take care of everything when the time comes. Right now, not only do I need to save enough for a down payment, I also have to save enough to pay for a nursing home for the two of you.”

For parents like these, sending them to a nursing home was naturally the best option.

The system wholeheartedly agreed. Yes, a nursing home was best. Otherwise, there would always be this relative borrowing money and that relative asking for help, endlessly causing trouble for their children.

They called Tang Guo selfish and cold.

But weren't they the same?

The difference was that they were cold and selfish toward their own daughter, yet endlessly generous toward everyone else.

That very night, Tang Guo packed up her belongings. There wasn't much—just a few changes of clothes and daily necessities stuffed into several bags.

The next day after work, she met up with Yuan Shuo.

“We won't be going out for dinner today,” she said. “I'm moving.”

“Moving?” Yuan Shuo's eyes lit up. “Moving out of your parents' house?”

Upon hearing the news, he was actually pleased. The sooner she got away from that family, the better.

Tang Guo nodded. “My dad is still hesitating over whether to mortgage the house. I'm starting to suspect that one day they might even sell me for the sake of Uncle's family. It's safer to move out.”

Yuan Shuo didn't know how to comment on that. He merely said, “Want me to help?”

“Then I'll have to thank Brother Shuo. This time, I won't refuse.”

The system rolled its eyes.

As if you've ever refused before, hypocritical woman.

Wasn't telling him about the move just a hint for him to help?

Tang Guo replied calmly, “I'm giving him an opportunity to show himself. Haven't you noticed how anxious Brother Shuo has become lately because our relationship hasn't progressed? I'm afraid he'll cry from frustration, so I'm creating a chance for him to perform.”

The system nearly choked.

Heartless woman. Hurry up and let Yuan Shuo take responsibility for you.

When Tang Guo returned home, Song Jinghua and Tang Lide were both there.

They noticed Yuan Shuo accompanying her and immediately looked him up and down with scrutinizing eyes. Yuan Shuo was handsome by nature and gave people a favorable impression.

“Mom, Dad, stop staring,” Tang Guo said. “He's that handsome insurance salesman who keeps trying to sell me insurance. I told him that if he helped me move, I'd buy a policy from him.”

Yuan Shuo: “…”

What a wonderful excuse.

In order to sell one insurance policy, he had to sacrifice his physical strength and become a moving laborer.

The system burst out laughing.

Sure enough, Song Jinghua and Tang Lide immediately lost interest in Yuan Shuo, especially after hearing that he sold insurance. They had always believed that insurance salesmen were exceptionally good at deceiving people.

Sweet-talking others into buying insurance—how wicked.

They had wanted to warn Tang Guo to stay away from people in that line of work, but by the time Yuan Shuo had finished carrying everything downstairs, Tang Guo had already picked up her handbag and walked out of the door.

Song Jinghua hurried after her.

“Xiaoguo, if you can't get used to living outside, come back home.”

“Mom, I'll get used to it. My colleagues are all easy to get along with. They're polite people who won't touch others' belongings without permission.”

“And besides, we're all young people. We have credit cards, so we don't constantly run around borrowing money. I think if things continue like this, in a few years I should be able to save enough for a down payment.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1