Chapter 126: The Goth School Heartthrob 24

 Hearing Liu Shutong’s words, Tang Wan was somewhat speechless.

This guy really had a good sense of self-awareness.

But precisely because of that, she had to make him become a better person.

……

After a full day of studying, Liu Shutong felt more physically exhausted than he ever had before.

He had never felt this way even after playing Audition all day.

But for the sake of winning that look of admiration from Wanwan, he was willing to go all out!

After school, Liu Shutong took Tang Wan home, then consciously went back home to study.

At that moment, his phone rang. One of his F4 buddies was calling him to play Audition.

“Boss, you didn’t log on yesterday either. Come play today! I just met a new girl. Let me show off your dancing skills to her.”

Hearing this, Liu Shutong directly refused. “Why are you showing off my dancing skills to some girl? Get lost!”

“Don’t, Boss! It’s not like you have anything else to do, right?”

“Who said I have nothing to do? I’m studying!” Liu Shutong said with utmost seriousness.

The person on the other end of the phone was stunned.

“Boss, are you kidding me? If you’re actually studying, I’ll swallow the keyboard in front of me!” the other person declared confidently.

Liu Shutong gave a disdainful snort. “Then hurry up and swallow it! Starting today, I’m going to study hard and improve every day! Games are the kind of thing that corrupts people. Get out of here!”

“Seriously, Boss? What’s so interesting about studying?”

“Studying makes me happy! I love studying, thank you very much! Don’t come looking for me about this kind of thing for the time being. I’m hanging up!”

Liu Shutong hung up immediately.

Hmph!

He had a wife now.

How could the sense of accomplishment from playing games compare to the exhilarating feeling of earning his wife’s admiration and respect?

He was going to let Wanwan know who the strongest man academically in No. 2 High School was!

As for the game?

He was already the undisputed peak champion of the Funeral of Love Family. There was nothing wrong with putting it aside for the time being.

The next moment, Liu Shutong began rummaging through his belongings until he found his old middle school textbooks.

The textbooks were still brand-new. He had tossed them into a cabinet, and he hadn’t even written his name in them.

After pulling out the textbooks, Liu Shutong began reading them seriously—more seriously than he had ever read a game guide!

He kept studying until three or four in the morning before finally being willing to put the books down and climb into bed.

Even in his dreams, his mind was filled with mathematical symbols.

……

At the same time, Tang Wan was doing the exact opposite. She was in the world of Audition, frantically practicing her dancing skills.

It wasn’t until her fingers became sore that she finally stopped, collapsed onto her bed, and sighed.

“I really have to hand it to Liu Shutong. How did he get so insanely good at this game?”

Hearing this, Little Cutie immediately said, “Host, this game actually requires talent too. Liu Shutong probably belongs to the type of player who’s naturally very gifted!”

“What about me?” Tang Wan immediately asked.

“Hehe, Host, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. As they say, even a slow bird can fly early, and hard work can make up for a lack of natural ability. If you keep practicing diligently, you’ll definitely accomplish great things in the future! I believe in you!” Little Cutie encouraged her with a raised fist.

“Heh. So you’re saying I’m just terrible at games and have no talent, right?” Tang Wan snorted.

“No, absolutely not! Look, aren’t you already playing really well now? I believe that if you ever go to some kind of esports world in the future, you’ll definitely become the Queen of Esports! The harder you work now, the easier things will be later. Don’t lose heart, Host!”

Little Cutie hurriedly reassured her.

Inwardly, it thought solemnly: As her dad, I absolutely have to encourage my daughter properly! I can’t discourage her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1