Chapter 1256: The Fool's Daughter (35)

System: Go away, Host! Don't question my gender. I'm a genuine male system.

"You don't need to doubt your value. With you around, everything I do becomes much easier. For example, in many previous worlds, I needed video recordings as evidence. If I had to gather them myself, it would have been more than ten times as troublesome."

"With you, it's completely different. Whenever I need a certain scene, I can simply retrieve it. And then there are the world's plots. Without you, I would know nothing and would have to act with my hands tied. How inconvenient would that be?"

"For another example, when I need information from the internet, I'd have to spend ages searching for it myself. But with you, all it takes is a few minutes to find exactly what I need from an enormous database."

"To you, firewalls in the online world are practically nonexistent, while I'd still need to spend time breaking through them. So, Tongzi, your role is incredibly important."

"Think about how many worlds we've traveled through together. In every world, we meet different people, and most of them are merely passersby in my life. But you're different. You'll always stay by my side. You're my best companion."

The System was moved.

So he occupied such an important place in Host's heart?

He suddenly regretted those ignorant days long ago when all he knew was how to urge Host to complete tasks.

He thought he was useless, yet Host had said so much just to comfort him.

Instantly, he felt energized again.

System: Host, I will always be your most loyal companion. No matter what happens in the future, I will stay by your side forever. I will never betray you.

He had finally understood.

Even if another person appeared beside Host one day, that person could never replace his position.

That person and he occupied completely different places in Host's heart.

He would stand beside Host forever and never betray her.

As for that other person...

Who knew?

Human hearts changed too easily. No one could predict them.

He only hoped that fellow would know his place, listen to Host, behave himself, and accompany Host more.

From now on, he wouldn't be jealous so easily.

As long as he knew that he was important to Host, that was enough.

"Miss Tang?"

Yuan Shuo noticed that while eating, Tang Guo had drifted off into thought. Three whole minutes had passed before he finally called out to her.

Tang Guo came back to herself and looked at him with a smile.

"What is it?"

"Are you thinking about your family again? I'm sorry, but I can't help you."

No matter whose family problems they were, outsiders couldn't interfere.

Even Tang Guo herself couldn't stop her parents from repeatedly throwing themselves into suffering, let alone an outsider like him who wasn't close to them.

Every time he heard her speak about her family, he felt a trace of sympathy.

Growing up in such a household must have been painful.

Fortunately, his own parents were nothing like that.

For a brief moment, an impulse rose within him.

He wanted to bring her home.

He wanted to share his parents with her, to let her experience what normal parents who loved and cherished their children were like.

When he came to his senses, the thought struck him as absurd.

Absurd?

A possibility suddenly surfaced in Yuan Shuo's mind.

Looking at Tang Guo, who was eating seriously, that possibility surged out of the depths of his heart all at once.

"What is it?" Tang Guo asked.

Yuan Shuo returned her a smile.

"Nothing. I just suddenly figured something out."

"Seeing how happy President Yuan looks, it must be something good."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1