Chapter 1251: The Fool's Daughter (30)
He remembered that reservations at this private restaurant had to be made a month in advance.
"Maybe I'm just lucky." After glancing over the menu, Tang Guo looked up and said, "It seems President Yuan knows this place well. Why don't I order for you?"
Yuan Shuo hesitated before lowering his voice. "The dishes here are expensive." He sounded as though he himself was short on money.
System: Hahaha, I'm dying. Look at him trying to save money for Host. Is he going to turn into a virtuous husband in the future?
"President Yuan, there's no need to be polite. I can still afford to treat you to a meal."
Seeing that he didn't quite believe her, Tang Guo ordered several of her favorite dishes, all signature dishes of the restaurant.
Yuan Shuo stared at them in silence.
Weren't these all his favorites?
Seeing his expression, Tang Guo knew his tastes hadn't changed and ordered several more dishes.
For the past two days, Song Jinghua had been preparing nothing but vegetarian meals. Tang Guo's mouth had gone bland from it all. She needed a proper feast before going home.
Yuan Shuo also left the meal completely satisfied, his mood especially good.
He possessed the restaurant's premium VIP card, but nearly everyone who came here had one. Reservations were still hard to secure and required waiting in line. He had been craving the food here for quite some time.
Seeing the lingering satisfaction on his face, Tang Guo smiled softly.
When it came time to pay the bill, Yuan Shuo noticed she didn't look pained at all, which eased his mind somewhat.
"At last, I've had a proper meal."
In the car, Yuan Shuo looked over in surprise. "What do you mean? Your family doesn't let you eat enough?"
That was crossing the line.
"It's not that they don't feed me." Tang Guo explained, "My mother lent all of our family's money to my youngest uncle to buy a house. She even took an advance on next month's salary. At this rate, we might be eating vegetarian all through next month too. Eating vegetables every day without any meat—how can anyone be full?"
"She doesn't even know that I overheard her in my room talking about lending him the money. She probably thinks she's hidden it perfectly and that nobody knows."
Yuan Shuo didn't know how to comfort her. Yet judging from her expression, she didn't seem very upset, which made him even more uncertain.
"Miss Tang, have you never thought about moving out and living on your own? With your current salary, you should be able to afford rent. Living outside would give you freedom, and many troublesome things would be far away from you."
He had always thought it was a miracle that someone like her had managed to grow up so upright and normal within the environment of the Tang family.
If she stayed there any longer, who knew what she'd become?
Even if she didn't change, wouldn't that family eventually torment her to death?
"If you think paying rent alone is too expensive, I do happen to own several vacant apartments. I could lend one to you for now. You could pay me rent later when you have more money."
He truly didn't care about the rental income.
He just feared that if he outright said she could live there for free, she might misunderstand something. Framing it this way seemed more appropriate.
"No need. I have my reasons for staying at home." Resting her chin on her hand, Tang Guo glanced sideways at Yuan Shuo. "President Yuan really is a kind person. You're even concerned about my future and have already made plans for me. Tell me, President Yuan, are you always like this? Do you generously lend your apartments to anyone? How many of your properties are currently occupied by people you've lent them to?"
Yuan Shuo: "..."
"Not a single one. And I'm not kindhearted every time."
His face stiffened as he spoke.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ