Chapter 1244: The Fool's Daughter (23)

Sending money out like this—every single thing they did was something Tang Mengmeng couldn't stand.

Fortunately, her own parents weren't like that.

"What can I do if my parents won't listen?" Tang Guo said helplessly. "The money is in their hands. Even if I can stop them once, can I stop them a second time?"

"I heard before that they planned to sell that broken-down car to your family. How come it ended with them just giving away a hundred thousand yuan? Is Second Uncle stupid? Even if it's a junk car, you should've taken it. At least you could recover some of your losses," Tang Mengmeng muttered.

Tang Guo merely smiled without saying anything. How could she possibly explain the key point to her?

The reason she had only sold the car instead of lending it to Tang Zhiming in the first place was because she knew how the story would unfold.

If she had merely lent him the car, then as the owner of the vehicle, she would have been the one held responsible and forced to pay compensation in the end.

Although the burden of compensation had ultimately fallen on her parents' shoulders anyway, at least she herself had been exempted from liability.

Besides, she had already made up her mind. She would let those two experience what it meant to lose everything and be abandoned by everyone around them.

She wanted them to open their eyes wide and see exactly what kind of people these relatives were—the same relatives who constantly took advantage of them and had been supported by them all these years.

If they didn't suffer a little, they would never recognize those people's true faces.

And despite Tang Mengmeng's apparent concern, she was actually a loudmouth.

If Tang Guo really revealed anything, the entire Tang family would know her thoughts within an hour.

The Tang family had a group chat, and any piece of gossip would immediately spread through it.

Tang Mengmeng had come over merely to fish for information.

"Sister Xiaoguo, I still think you should've taken that junk car. I heard you're taking the bus to work every day now. Having a car to get around is better than anything."

Tang Guo smiled faintly. "It's fine. Waking up a little earlier and taking the bus isn't bad. Besides, if I took the car, what would Cousin do? His legs aren't convenient now. I can't take advantage of someone in his situation, can I?"

Seeing that she couldn't get any interesting gossip out of Tang Guo, Tang Mengmeng stopped talking.

She picked up the remote control, chewed her gum, and started watching television, no longer paying any attention to Tang Guo.

One afternoon after work, Tang Guo left the company building.

As usual, Yuan Shuo was waiting at the familiar spot, watching for her to come out before driving over to stage another "chance encounter."

Just as the two of them were about to exchange greetings, Tang Mengmeng suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Sister Xiaoguo, are you off work? I happened to be out shopping. Want to head home together?"

At that moment, Tang Mengmeng noticed Yuan Shuo standing in front of Tang Guo.

Dressed in a tailored suit, handsome and refined, Yuan Shuo was exactly the type that appealed to young girls like Tang Mengmeng. The moment she saw him, her eyes lit up.

"Sister Xiaoguo, who is this? Your colleague?"

Though she was asking Tang Guo, her eyes seemed glued to Yuan Shuo. She had seen him once before but hadn't paid much attention. She hadn't expected him to drive such a nice car. His family background must be pretty impressive as well.

"Why don't you introduce us?" she said with a bright smile. "Hello, my name is Tang Mengmeng. I'm Sister Xiaoguo's cousin. Sister Xiaoguo is twenty-two this year, and I'm nineteen—three years younger than her."

The expression on her face practically screamed that Tang Guo was three years older than she was.

System: I was wrong. I used to think Tang Mengmeng was one of the normal ones in the Tang family. Now I know they're all birds of a feather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1