Chapter 1238: The Fool's Daughter (17)
Seeing the situation deadlocked, Tang Guo stepped out from behind Yuan Shuo. During the chaos just now, even Yuan Shuo himself didn't know why, but he'd instinctively moved in front of her to shield her.
Watching this family's farce, he couldn't help thinking that accident insurance really was necessary.
“Uncle, Auntie,” Tang Guo said calmly, “before the car was sold to Cousin, we went together to have it inspected, and we even obtained an inspection report. So I have proof that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car.”
Liu Chunyue froze, and Tang Liping was momentarily stunned as well.
“If you insist on believing that I deliberately harmed Cousin, then let's call the police. Let the authorities investigate. Besides, the traffic police have already determined that Cousin's accident was caused by drunk driving and his failure to wear a seatbelt. The responsibility lies entirely with him.”
“I didn't force you to buy the car. At the time, I clearly said that if you didn't want it, I would sell it to someone else.”
“But how can there be such a coincidence?” Liu Chunyue stubbornly shouted. “The car was yours, and after only a month in Zhiming's hands, this happened. No matter what, you can't escape responsibility!”
Turning toward Song Jinghua, she cried, “Jinghua, tell me, what should we do about this?”
Tang Guo calmly took out her phone and dialed the police.
Liu Chunyue hadn't even had time to stop her, and no one else had expected her to actually do it.
“So many people are watching,” Tang Guo said evenly. “If this isn't cleared up, people will think I committed attempted murder. Groundless accusations like this could easily affect both my work and my life.”
“Since Auntie insists I'm responsible, let's call the police and have them determine whether I bear any responsibility at all. After all, I want my innocence, and you want justice.”
Yuan Shuo had originally wanted to say something, but after seeing her deal with everything so smoothly, he remained silent.
Not long afterward, the police stepped in to investigate.
Naturally, all the evidence proved that Tang Guo was innocent.
At the time of the sale, the car had been in perfect condition. The police even obtained surveillance footage from the inspection shop, which kept recordings of every inspection.
Liu Chunyue personally watched the footage and saw Tang Zhiming happily confirming that there was nothing wrong with the car before driving away.
Though she still believed that none of this would've happened if Tang Guo hadn't sold the car to him, she no longer accused Tang Guo of deliberately harming him.
Tang Lide and Song Jinghua finally breathed a sigh of relief.
They visited the hospital every day. When Tang Zhiming regained consciousness and discovered that his leg had been amputated, he suffered a breakdown and couldn't accept his condition.
Just like Liu Chunyue, he began hating Tang Guo and blamed her for selling him the car.
Tang Lide and Song Jinghua were deeply guilt-ridden.
Deep down, they also felt that Tang Guo shouldn't have sold the car.
If she hadn't sold it, perhaps Tang Zhiming wouldn't have gotten into the accident.
After hearing those thoughts, Tang Guo let out a cold laugh.
“If I hadn't sold it, he would've borrowed it anyway. And if it was meant to happen, the accident still would've happened. Mom, Dad, weren't you the ones urging me to lend him the car in the first place?”
“Your cousin has already lost his leg.” Tang Lide frowned. “Xiaoguo, can't you be a little more understanding? Their whole family is suffering right now. Just endure it for a while. Things will pass eventually.”
Tang Guo didn't think this matter would pass so easily.
Just wait.
It didn't take long.
Before long, Liu Chunyue and Tang Liping came knocking on their door.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful๐ธ