Chapter 1235: The Fool's Daughter (14)

Of course, he wasn't about to tell her that his girlfriend wouldn't need to pay for insurance. This woman really had no bottom line. What if, just to get free insurance, she decided she wanted to become his girlfriend…

Hm?

Yuan Shuo stole a glance at her before quickly looking away and focusing seriously on driving.

He was thoroughly alarmed.

Why had the thought suddenly occurred to him that having her as his girlfriend wouldn't be so bad?

The next day, Tang Guo had only been standing at the bus stop for two minutes when Yuan Shuo's call came.

“Miss Tang, waiting for the bus again?”

“Of course. I'm here at this time every day. I still have to go to work.”

“You're up pretty early.”

“If I leave late, I'll get stuck in traffic. Earlier is better. President Yuan, you're up early too.”

“I'm afraid of traffic jams as well. Miss Tang, how about I give you a ride? What a coincidence—I just happened to see you. If I'd woken up two minutes later, we might have missed each other.”

“I can completely understand a busy man like President Yuan. You must've overworked yourself and overslept a little.”

By then, Tang Guo had already gotten into the car and fastened her seatbelt.

Yuan Shuo smiled. “Then it must be fate.”

The two chatted all the way until Tang Guo got out and waved goodbye.

His company was only one street away from her workplace.

And so, for several days in a row, they “coincidentally” ran into each other every morning.

System: Coincidence my foot. Two people with intentions won't fail to meet.

That day, while Tang Guo was busy at work, she suddenly received a call from her mother, Song Jinghua.

“Xiaoguo, hurry back! Your cousin Zhiming's been in an accident!”

“Mom, what happened? Didn't everything look fine from his social media posts a few days ago?”

“He was in a car accident. I can't explain it over the phone. Hurry to the hospital, quickly!”

Song Jinghua sounded incredibly anxious. As soon as she finished speaking, she hung up.

Looking at the disconnected call, Tang Guo murmured, “It's finally here.”

She gazed out the window at the drifting white clouds before going to request leave from her supervisor.

By sheer coincidence, just as she was about to hail a taxi to the hospital, Yuan Shuo's car stopped in front of her.

“Miss Tang, leaving work so early today?”

“No, my family called. My cousin had an accident and is in the hospital. I'm going over to see what's happened.”

Yuan Shuo's expression immediately turned serious.

“Then let me take you.”

“Won't I delay something important?”

“Not at all. I don't have anything important today.” Yuan Shuo smiled as he casually pressed a button on his phone and sent his assistant a message:

Cancel the four o'clock meeting.

It wasn't an important meeting anyway. Canceling it wouldn't matter.

Twenty minutes later, Tang Guo arrived at the hospital. After calling Song Jinghua and finding out where they were, she walked over at an unhurried pace.

Yuan Shuo had followed her the whole way, and she didn't bother asking why.

Outside the ward, many people were gathered, the noise chaotic and mixed with sobbing.

The loudest cries came from Liu Chunyue.

Spotting Song Jinghua and Tang Lide, Tang Guo walked over and quietly asked, “Mom, Dad, what happened?”

“Wasn't Zhiming taking his girlfriend on that road trip?” Song Jinghua wiped away tears. “They got into an accident on the way back. His girlfriend only suffered minor injuries, but your cousin's leg was trapped beneath the car. He just underwent an amputation. They had to cut above the knee.”

As she spoke, tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Zhiming is only in his twenties. How could something like this happen at such a young age?”

“Why was it only my son who lost his leg?”

Liu Chunyue was unable to accept reality and cried hysterically.

“There were four people in that car! Why did the other three get away with only minor injuries while my son had to lose his leg?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 1: Got Dumped on the Day of the Wedding

Chapter 2: Does It Matter If I Am Gay?

Chapter 4: Diablo 1