Chapter 1232: The Fool's Daughter (11)
Tang Guo hailed a taxi and said, “Driver, take me to the nearest bank.”
What for?
Naturally, to open a new account and deposit the money into it. As for being in debt—that had all been a lie. While she was at it, she transferred all her other assets into the new account as well.
Watching the woman disappear into the distance, Yuan Shuo glanced at the name and number saved in his phone. A low chuckle escaped him as he shook his head. Somehow, today's encounter felt strangely magical.
He no longer intended to investigate the insurance business. Instead, he headed to the parking lot, climbed into his brand-new Maybach, and drove back to the company.
After activating online banking, Tang Guo cut the bank card into pieces and threw it away.
System: “…”
Why destroy the card?
“If I don't destroy it, then when people start asking me for money, some shameless individuals might rummage through my wallet and insist on checking whether I have any money left. Once I get home, I'll throw everything in the new account into the stock market. That'll be safe.”
As though she could read System's thoughts, Tang Guo explained calmly.
To live happily among shameless people, one had to be even more shameless.
System: Understood.
Silently, System analyzed the situation. At first glance, it seemed his host had suffered a tremendous loss and thrown away one hundred thousand yuan.
But knowing what would happen later, he understood that this was called minimizing losses. Otherwise, she'd end up with nothing and still have to pay an enormous amount in compensation.
After returning home, Tang Guo kept enough money for daily expenses and invested everything else in the stock market. Making money from stocks was simple for someone who had lived as long as she had—one glance was all it took to know which way things would go.
Of course, she had no intention of becoming rich. At least for now, she couldn't appear wealthy. But she still needed to make sure she had money available when she truly needed it.
System thought silently, There are so many treasures in the system space. Selling just a few could buy countless villas. Host is just too stubborn. Unless absolutely necessary, she really won't touch anything stored inside.
“What do you know?” Tang Guo replied lazily. “I don't need those things to save me right now. With the skills in my head, I can live perfectly well, so why should I touch them? Though, admittedly, they all belong to me.”
“I'm worried, you know. You don't even have a production date or a manufacturing address. You don't have a warranty card either. What if you break down one day? If I grow accustomed to being lazy and relying on treasures without wanting to do anything myself, what will I do afterward? One should prepare for danger in times of peace, so that when danger really comes, one won't panic.”
System immediately grew anxious and hurriedly defended himself.
Host, I don't think I break easily.
“See? You didn't say you absolutely won't break. You only said you don't break easily. Which means even you can't guarantee it.”
System: Host, I probably won't break.
Tang Guo smiled. “So there is still a chance.”
System: …
He really couldn't bring himself to confidently declare that he'd never break.
Fine. Host wins.
“Don't worry. If you really break one day, I'll find a way to fix you.”
Her voice was gentle and comforting, instantly lifting the gloom in System's heart.
Host really treats me the best.
System basked happily in that thought before suddenly remembering something.
By the way, Host, was that man your darling? I can't tell whether that guy is the memoryless transmigrator, but Host always recognizes him at a glance.
Across all these worlds, he'd never seen her mistake him.
From the moment the man approached her, despite being a complete stranger, Host had chatted with him cheerfully.
That meant she had a good first impression of him.
And Host seemed to be in a particularly good mood.
Even System's energy had increased because of it.
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd love to hear your thoughts! Feel free to comment anonymously—no Google account is required. Please keep discussions friendly and respectful🌸